photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Our crazy but fantastic Fourth.

Jimmy and I knew that we were going to be super tired after all of our planned activities, but we were up for the challenge. It's rare that both of us get to do things with other people these days, except for church on Sundays.

Jimmy slept in for a bit on Saturday morning and then we went out to run some errands and have lunch with his Grandma since she was in town. Afterwards, we went to Jimmy's dad's house to play for a minute.





We headed home for a nap and then woke up to get ready for the party at Jimmy's mom's house.






On Sunday morning, we woke up and got ready for church. Since we are new members, we had never been to their annual 4th of July service at the Activity Center. It was a wonderful service and it was a packed house!!!



I cried like a baby during almost every song/speech/video montage. I always think of my brother who is currently serving in the US Army. I love you Neil!



After church, we headed back over to Jimmy's dad's to take some photos with Grandma Hyde. We did this last year and Harper looked a little something like this:



Now, my little stinker looks like this:


(Getting a little misty-eyed here)

After church, we headed home for a nap and then we were off to the home of one of Jimmy's former college roommates. The third guy in the photo is yet another college roommate of his and they all have babies! My how times change.



During the festivities, Harper took a spill on some paving stones and knicked up his forehead pretty good.



We had a great time!





I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Bring on the heat now!!! Haha

3 comments:

  1. Ashlynn, you are looking so great and have a wonderful family picture up there! Hope you guys are doing well! Cant wait to see you at Parkwood again! Yall are in my prayers! Stay in touch! - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! I may be coming home this weekend, actually. I'm not sure yet. Would love to see you and Andrew again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan! Feel free to call Andrew and maybe we can go out for dinner and a glass of wine one night!! (After I get better from my tonsillectomy which I am abt to blog abt!) WOW! No joke!
    Id love for you and Andrew to be able to catch up.. I hate things happen the way they do sometimes but, you know how the "moppy floppy!" :) Well thanks so much sunshine! See you at church this Sunday if my throat is up for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover