photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Harper-isms at 16 months



My little stinker is 16 months old today. Once he was up from his nap, we drove over to Carolina Beach to visit with my aunt and uncle for awhile. We came home and crashed. The heat index was 105 and it drained the energy out of all of us. Tonight after dinner, we went for a very short walk and then came back in to get him ready for bed.





Bed time story



Tonight, Harper was introduced to dental floss and he quite enjoyed it.




A few updates on what he is doing these days:

~He says "hot" every time I give him food, but it comes out more like "aht."

~He says "outside" as soon as I put my shoes or sunglasses on.

~He can identify and say "ball."

~He can now eat soft foods with a fork!

~He is having some serious temper tantrums and he grabs my legs and cries when I tell him no.

~Dancing is no longer a full body movement, now he stands still and waves his arms.

~He still tries to do the crocodile death roll when we change his diaper. I have to distract him by giving him a tube of something;lotion, diaper cream, etc. He immediately tries to open it and cram it in his mouth. He must love the taste!

~It is getting much more difficult to get him to take 2 naps a day. We may be on the verge of one...eeks.

~He will eat pb crackers, watermelon, strawberries, apple, goldfish and cheese nips. He also knows what junk food is.. for example, he will eat a swiss cake roll or brownie no problem. Meat? Forget it.

I was just looking through some old pictures and I've realized that he looks like a full-on little boy. I know that he is technically still a toddler, but maybe he looks so big because he is in the 95th percentile for his height (daddy is 6'5.) He is getting so big so fast!

Each age gets more and more fun! I can't wait to see what he will be doing a month from now. I think he may be getting his driver's license.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover