photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, August 16, 2010

Our weekend

On Friday, Jimmy, Harper and I hopped on the ferry to join his mom and step-dad on Bald Head Island. It was a much needed long weekend to prepare us for this crazy week we are starting now.

No, I didn't spot Kate Gosselin....believe me, I tried. Jimmy and I went on several excursions because we had nothing else better to do. No sign of her though.

Here is Harper enjoying the ferry. Nevermind his scowl.


Jimmy and I made a significant parenting mistake: We accidentally left Harper's monkey in the Tahoe on the mainland and believe me, the first night was pretty awful. We tried to replace the monkey with this shark:



It served it's purpose, but it wasn't his monkey.

We visited the Pelicatessan and Mr. Harper drank from a straw for the first time!


The island is very secluded, so Jimmy and I had to find ways to entertain ourselves. Here they are throwing a tennis ball on the roof of our house.



Jimmy's mom and step-dad were nice enough to watch Harper for us so that we could go on a date.

After our date, we came back and everyone went to bed except us. I captured a really cute pic of Jimmy while we watched tv.


We were originally scheduled to come back this morning, but we came home late yesterday afternoon to give us a chance to settle back into our routine for this week. I also had my job interview and I think it went really well! I'm hoping to hear back from them for my second interview.

I also had my first class tonight and it went on until 9pm. I'm ready to hit the sack!

Good night all.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover