I knew this week would be an adjustment for all of us since Harper and I came back from vacation. We're both settling back into school and work schedules, but I had no idea this week would start off with such a bang.
Yesterday, I spent a solid 5 hours on a math project only to learn upon going to my math class last night that the due date has been extended. Good news for me, however, I had basically ignored my child for 5 hours yesterday while Jimmy tended to him. Didn't make me feel like a good mommy.
I went to bed around 1:00am and awoke around 2:30am to let my dog out. As soon as I stood up, I promptly threw up in my mouth. I'm not joking. It was horrible. I ran and got a bottle of water and a piece of gum. There was no time to brush my teeth because my dog WILL pee on the floor if I wait a second too long.
I fell into bed with said gum in mouth. It did not get in my hair, but it did lock up my jaw. Gotta love TMJ.
My child woke up at 5am SCREAMING like he's never screamed before. I walk into his nursery only to be smacked in the face with a very unpleasant smell. I checked the diaper. Oh yeah. A BIG one. Harper officially had the worst diaper he's ever had and as a result, he also has awful diaper rash. He continued to scream louder than I have ever heard him and I'm sure my neighbors loved that at 5am. It took an hour and a half to get him back to sleep.
He must have a stomach bug. Diarrhea all day. Pedialyte. A lot of naps. Two instances where he pooped on our rug because we were trying to let him "air out." We may have to throw the rug out and it's my favorite.
Once he was down for his second nap, I had to run to the school and exchange my music book for the right one. No such luck. I was given $11 dollars back for the $90 book that was mistakenly purchased OUT OF POCKET and had to pay $101.50 for an access code and a CD OUT OF POCKET. Needless to say, I am NOT HAPPY.
Jimmy and I have basically spent zero time together today. His schedule got way off because he was nice enough to help me with Harper when he woke up for the day. He went back to sleep and slept until he literally had to roll out of bed and get ready for work.
My house looks like a bomb went off in it. I've been steadily working on it all day, but there is only so much cleaning I can do in a small space when Harper is trying to nap. Too noisy.
We found out today that the home that we really, REALLY wanted to buy has gone under contract. We knew it probably would, but it still sucks that it's gone now.
Oh yes and last but not least, it looks like there is a hurricane headed this way! Jimmy could very well be called in to work on his 2 days off. It would be extra money, but it would mean a 7-day work week for him. I am praying that doesn't happen...







Holy cow! What a crazy bunch of stuff life has thrown at you! Praying it all gets easier!
ReplyDelete