Yesterday, I did something that I normally don't do on a daily basis.
I turned off the tv.
I can't tell you what a difference it made in my afternoon and early-evening routine.
I realized, in the quiet, that for the better part of 9 months, I've had the tv on from morning, until I got to bed, sometimes as late as 1:30am. Most of the time, I fall asleep with it on.
I found myself playing with Harper more.
I enjoyed the peace and quiet in the midst of the constant noise that fills my home.
I realized that since I am here almost 24/7, I need peace and quiet and time to decompress.
I kept the tv off from 4:30pm until 8:30 when Harper went to bed.
I think this is the beginning of a new thing for me and I like it. A lot.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!