photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, September 6, 2010

Today and a few other things

It wouldn't be a typical week around here unless we had at least one bad day. Today was that day. I'm not sure if Harper is going through a growth spurt or what, but man, today has been one for the books. He woke up at 5:40am which is really unusual. I gave him some warm milk and he slept until 8:45am which was also not like him. He ended up only sleeping for an hour and 15 minutes for his morning nap and didn't have an afternoon nap. I really thought he would handle that okay....but I was wrong. I've been thinking for a very long time that he is ready for one nap a day. On the days where I try to put him down for the second one, he fights and fights and fights going to sleep. On days like today where he doesn't get one, he is cranky and very difficult to deal with.

We ended up making a Target run (I feel like we live there) and then went to the park. He expended quite a bit of energy there and wailed like no other when we took him back to the car. He was sooooo sleepy at dinner and we put him down for the night about 30 minutes early. Jimmy was off work today and if it wasn't for him, I'm not sure how I would have made it through this day. Harper has been whiny, temperamental, collapsed anytime I tried to pick him up, refused anything we gave him (food and toys)and the list goes on. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

_______________________________________________________
Speaking of tomorrow, Jimmy is FINALLY going to the dentist. I am so proud of him. He unfortunately has quite a phobia and is going to a sedation dentist, but will not be receiving any sedation tomorrow. It will be a consultation only. He needs quite a bit of work done, but just making the appointment was hard for him and I'm so proud of him for not cancelling!
_______________________________________________________

After almost 3 years of marriage, Jimmy requested something from me that I was trying to avoid.

He asked me to please use my own razors from now on. I've been using his for as long as we've been married, but since he has to be clean-shaven for work, I have apparently been dulling his razors to the point where it has been difficult for him to get a clean shave. Sorry babe.
_______________________________________________________

Lastly, please be in prayer for our little family. We are in the midst of juggling quite a few responsibilities and are at a point where we need to scale back in some areas and move forward in others. Making big decisions isn't easy for me, but I am relying on God to show me the way.

Good night all!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover