photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, September 25, 2010

When it rains, it pours...


First let me start by saying that I am really excited about a little thing called a new blog design! It should be making it's debut in a few days and I am so excited!

I promise I will get around to posting lighter topics very soon, but Jimmy and I are just having to deal with some heavy stuff at the moment and I just like to use my blog as my outlet. Who doesn't, right?

We drove 2 and 1/2 hours back to our old house to do a little touch up painting to get ready for potential new tenants. We purposely saved our old paint for this reason. The property manager had given us a quote based on what his painter said he could do it for, but Jimmy and I like to save money, so we decided we would do it ourselves.

We get to the house today with our supplies in tow. We checked the storage unit out back where we stored the 5 gallon buckets of leftover paint before we moved. There was no paint. We checked the kitchen cabinet that we stored a few small cans in. No paint.

Not only has our tenant not paid her September rent and moved out 6 months early, she stole our paint AND our stainless steel grill that we left there because we had no room to bring it with us.

We called the rental company to see if anyone there could remember the brand of paint that was used when our house was built, but no one knew. As we walked through the house, we couldn't believe how filthy the walls were. The laminates and carpet were ok, but I couldn't understand how in the world people could live with the stains and scuffs.

Jimmy and I just looked at eachother in disbelief. This little house that was our first house had been soiled and abandoned.

We decided that the paint was too much for us to handle in one afternoon, so we will hire the painter to come in and do his thing.

We are both emotionally exhausted at this point. Obviously, this was unexpected and it's a very scary thing to face. I am trying to give it to God, but it's hard to completely let go and no worry over the "what-ifs." Please say a prayer for us as we wait for the right tenant to come along. We hope that the timing of all of this will work in our favor as we prepare for our future.

Have a great weekend all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Why are so many renters so horrible? I hope you find someone much better suited for your home, who won't steal from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover