I started to count my blessings and realized that I have SO much to be thankful for. I have a precious, healthy son and a wonderful, loving husband who works so hard to provide for us. I am happy, healthy and have a supportive family that backs me up no matter what is going on in my life.
It really hit me as I was strolling through Old Time Pottery this morning. (A local home decor shop.) I realized that I am so blessed to have the opportunity to escape every now and then because my husband is home during the day. Every single day. Sure sometimes he sleeps for most of the day, but if there is anything I need, I know that he will graciously get up and take over baby duty if necessary. Yes, I do spend many nights alone, but it gives me the opportunity to work on school work, uninterrupted after Harper goes to bed. It works out so that I don't feel like I am missing anything with either of them. Harper is asleep and Jimmy is working, so I have time to do my own thing.
I have been blogging about all of the preparations we are making for our move in December and I realized today that moving into this house is something that we have been dreaming of for a very long time. It seems so surreal that we will finally be moving into a house that isn't a "starter" house and will have enough room for a new puppy, family (who can finally stay overnight) and the potential to turn the room over the garage into a 4th bedroom.
I could go on and on, but those are the main points. I was sure to say a prayer today to thank God for all of the blessings he has given my family and I. We are so very, very blessed.
On to what we were up to today:
I mentioned Old Time Pottery above and I picked up a few things while I was there. I was really just a little "me" time trip. I went with a goal of finding some cute lamps for what will be our buffet, but all of them were too expensive or too gaudy. I did come away with these lovely bowls at only .99 each and few kitchen items that needed to be replaced.
.jpg)
I am in love with my new dust broom/tray set. Loving the polka dots. That glass thing back there is a pitcher to replace the plastic hospital-looking one that we've been using.
So, I've mentioned the dresser soon-to-be-buffet a few times and here it is after throwing some lamps and accessories on it to satisfy me until we move.
This picture does not show just how beat up this thing is on the top. I am itching to get my hands on it!
Tonight as the hubs was leaving for work, I was rummaging through the fridge and came across some hotdogs that had never been opened. I decided I would get a little daring and concoct something that would involve said hot dogs. We didn't have any buns, so I had to get a little creative. I referred to the internet and mixed a few recipes together according to the ingredients I had. It wasn't too bad!
It was a jazzed up version of pork and beans.. haha.
.jpg)
It was a little on the rich side because the beans were honey baked beans. It definitely needed some rice or something to calm down the sweetness, but I just didn't have the energy to deal with rice tonight.
I'm off to hop in a hot bath and soak for awhile because I'm not feeling too well today.
Goodnight all!







I try to think of my husband's schedule the exact same way. I miss him when he's gone and sure I'm alone a lot, but it's nice to get some guaranteed "me" time to just relax!
ReplyDelete