photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I feel like a hoarder

Wow. We really got a lot done today and I'll get to the hoarding part in a minute....


Today started with a trip to the beach to have some pictures taken of yours truly. My mom and I have a speaking event at her church in November and they requested a photo and bio of me for advertising. I didn't have any recent pictures of just myself, so off to the dunes we went. Here are the two I ended up sending and will let the church decide which one to use:






(I prefer the first photo and hubs likes the second.) I have discovered that I really dislike taking photos by myself now. It seems so strange not to be holding Harper, so of course, I had to get him in on the action.



And of course we had to get a picture of daddy and Harper too!



After our photo session (haha), we went to Islands Mexican Restaurant to eat lunch. We had never been there before and a lot of my classmates were ranting and raving about it last week, so we decided we would give it a try. The food was good, but not as amazing as I imagined it to be.

We left there and went to the pumpkin patch! I have been looking forward to this little outing for a few weeks now.


I couldn't believe how tiny some of the pumpkins were!


I got so many cute photos of Harper:





We even tried for a family photo:


When I tried to get a photo of just Harper and I at the patch, he did as he always does. He began squirming and fighting me and Jimmy captured my lovely frustration as I put him down. This is so typical of him. I honestly think he just gets sick of being with me all day every day and prefers to be with daddy on his days off. He is so well behaved for everyone except mommy. It drives me nuts!


Finally, after distracting him with a pumpkin, we got a good one.


We left the patch and headed to Target because Harper was out of wipes and low on diapers. We got a pumpkin carving set and will be tackling that in the next few nights.

Later on today, we got a text message back in response to a dresser Jimmy and I found on craigslist and fell in love with. The owner accepted $40 cash for this fantastic dresser that we are going to use as a buffet and storage in our new house!



I don't know anything about Kincaid, but the dresser is very solid. It definitely needs a little TLC, but for 40 bucks, we will gladly refinish and paint this little guy.

Now that we have the dresser in our townhouse (the living room actually), I feel like an absolute hoarder. We seem to have furniture all over the place now and the dresser has darkened one side of our living room. It is making me feel so suffocated! I'm going to try my best to deal with it for the next 60 days or so, but it will be hard. I constantly clean and rearrange around here to maximize our tiny space and this has totally thrown off my feng shui. I've already moved two tables to other places so that it doesn't feel so crowded in here.

I'm sure we will be looking for more budget-friendly furniture, so there is no telling what we will end up with by December. I'm hoping I can keep my sanity having to be stuck in here every day with all this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover