I leaped out of bed and headed to Harper's room, where he met me halfway in the kitchen, scared and crying. Oh yeah, he was diaperless too.
I wasn't sure what I was going to walk in to, but I picked him up and headed in there. He had had an "accident" and both pants and diaper had been hurled over the side of the crib and were laying on his Winnie the Pooh train. His sheets and crib bumper were covered in the "accident" and I will leave it there.
So, remeber yesterday, when I said we were absolutely going to church? Well, that didn't happen. He was so traumatized by the fall that he didn't want me to put him down and I knew he was in no shape to be dropped off in the nursery.
We decided to go to breakfast instead and while we were getting ready, Harper found one of our bibles on a bookshelf and had his own Sunday school lesson!
.jpg)
.jpg)
After breakfast, we headed to Jimmy's dad's to drop Harper off for a little while. His great grandma had offered to babysit while Jimmy and I ran out, so we happily obliged. We went back and did a little more Christmas shopping and I'm proud to say that one person is complete and Harper's Aunt Bridger is almost done too!
We came back to the house and started the deconstruction of the crib. I, of course, had to get one last picture.....
.jpg)
In process...
.jpg)
And the final product without proper toddler bedding. I need to order some. Until I get comfortable with him sleeping in there, I put my body pillow in the crash-zone to make us both feel a little more secure.
.jpg)
I can't believe that his crib didn't come with guard rails! We bought it specifically because it converted into a toddler bed, but when you are 8 months pregnant with your first child, you don't really think about things like that. (I didn't anyway.)
It took forever to get him to go to sleep tonight and I have no idea if he will stay asleep. I guess we will see!
Good night.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!