The lease here at our little townhouse is up at the end of December, so for the last month or so, we have been on the lookout for other homes available around that time frame. Yesterday, Jimmy and I went and looked at a beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bath home in a neighboring city and just fell in love. The subdivision is best described as "tropical" and the homes are designed to reflect that. They look like they belong in Key West, but they are very cute. The house that we toured yesterday was pink! Hey, I don't hate pink and we're only renting, so it's fine.
We filled out an application and are waiting to hear back from the owner. I'm not holding my breath. If I've learned anything in the last few years, it is to be flexible and patient. I've gotta say, I am a little nervous about this change. I don't like change very much as it is and moving to this city almost did me in anxiety-wise. Now that we are here and are as "settled" as we can be, here we go moving again. I HATE moving and with a bigger house comes bigger responsibility and of course, bigger rent checks. It's not that I'm not happy with where we are, it's that we absolutely need more space so changes are necessary at this point. Ugh.
Ok, I got off on a tanget there. Back to what I was saying.
One of the amenities that is top priority for us is a fenced in backyard and of course, this house has a nice one. There are many reasons for this need. First, Harper needs a little space to go and run around. He is a toddler and a 2 bedroom 2 bath townhouse with a concrete pad for a backyard just isn't cutting it. It was fine when we first moved here and he was learning to crawl, but things have changed!
The second reason we need a fenced in backyard is for our 2 little chihuahuas and the addition of this little girl:

(this was as big as I could get the photo)
Nothing is set in concrete yet but we have been considering adding a large dog to our family for a multiude of reasons. First, Harper LOVES big dogs and our little ones won't play with him. Second, Jimmy is gone a lot and I really wanted a large, intimidating dog that would act as a little security.
We decided that we want a female German Sheperd after a lot of research, so we are traveling on Wednesday to go take a look at her. Isn't she ADORABLE? We wanted her to be Harper's main Christmas present, presented to him with a big red bow around her neck and the whole she-bang BUT, the owner doesn't want to hold her that long and says that she will be ready at the end of this month. Not exactly what I'd planned for, but again, nothing really ever is.
As far as the dog...
Yes, I know what I'm getting myself into.
Yes, I know it is a big responsibilty.
Yes, I know it is an added expense, but one that I fully justify considering the joy and security she will bring to our family.
Sigh....
Yes, things are a-changin' and it makes me nervous but I get nervous over everything. It's just the way I am. Type A with a plan A, B, C and D, but life doesn't stop moving for us!
I promise to take pictures on Wednesday!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!