The bleeding ensued along with some very pitiful crying from my child. Not to mention, my chances of going to church were now null and void. ONCE again.
It took every ounce of strength I had not to knock her into next week.
You see, chihuahuas are notorious for being less-than-friendly with children. Did I think about this when I asked for her as a 20th birthday present? Of course not.
This not the first time she has snapped at him but it is the first time she has made contact. Yes, I know that some parents may have shoved her out the first time. Being that I have had this dog for 6 years, I have given her chance after chance, but I'm afraid she will have to go.
She starts fights with Maya almost daily as well. Maya will be walking along, minding her own business when Kailey darts across the room and bites her on the face. I realize this is a dominance issue and for the most part Maya lets her maintain her position as Queen Bee, but I'm tired of the growling and gnashing of teeth that usually ends up with Maya whimpering off into the next room. I'm not sure what effect this would eventually have on Maya, but I don't want her to become aggressive as a result.
I kept hoping that our move into a larger house would be the solution to most of Kailey's issues, but I'm afraid that's not the answer.
Needless to say, I am really sad about this. Not only will she have to go, but our male chihuahua needs to go with her. I doesn't do well without her and I think he would be miserable left alone.
I'm not sure when or to who they will go to, but something's gotta give.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!