What a difference 12 hours can make.
There is so much I want to say on this blog, but for the protection and privacy of my family, I feel it is best to be vague, so please bear with me.
I also have to mention that I am going on about 2 hours of sleep (thanks to our precious new puppy) and don't operate well when I am exhausted. I am cranky, over-emotional and short-tempered. I'll be the first to admit that.
To put a LONNNG story in a nutshell, I have a sibling that desperately needs your prayers. This person is lost and struggling to find themselves. This person needs Christ and is trying to find comfort and answers in everything BUT Christ.
They have no idea the path of destruction they have paved through the middle of our family and I'm not sure if they will ever know how much damage they have caused. I used to be this person's only advocate, but now, I have no foundation to stand on and I'm ready to wash my hands of the situation.
They claim that they are getting "help" and I hope that they are because if this turns out to be yet another lie, I am not sure who will be left to support them if they need it. (And they will).
I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this situation. In the last 10 years, my family has had to deal with a multitude of struggles, namely being this person, amongst other trials. There have been far more trials that tribulations and we have all grown weary. The past 2 years specifically have been more trying than the rest and this person doesn't begin to realize how much they have made a bad situation worse.
We all struggle with guilt as we battle the need to be left alone by this person to attain some peace in our lives versus our feelings of love and obligation as their family.
Where do we draw the line?
When do we say, "I'm done with this."
For some of us, moving on is easy. For others, impossible.
I ask that you pray for all of us as we individually deal with the drama that this person carelessly creates. We are all attached to them in different ways and therefore deal with the disappoinment in different ways.
Pray that this person has a change of heart, an eye-opening experience or simply grows tired of calling our family with what they deem as "good news or bad news, depending on how we take it."
Pray that this person will choose God over self-destruction.
Pray for my family as we go on with our lives, despite knowing that this person doesn't want to join us.







I am so glad you found my blog!! Now I am your newest follower! I will be praying for your sibling!!
ReplyDeleteconsider me praying :) love and miss yall!
ReplyDelete