photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, December 13, 2010

I made a whoops.

Remember this post when I was wishing for another Willow Tree figurine to add to my collection?

First of all, I called it "Child of Mine" and it's actually called "Child of My Heart." My dad and I got to talking about it and he researched the creator of Willow Tree. If anyone knows my dad, you know he lives to research things on the internet--which comes in handy a lot.

As it turns out, Susan Lordi crafted this piece to symbolize multi-racial, blended and adoptive families. I didn't notice until dad pointed it out, but the child's skin color is different that that of the mother's. Harper does not fit into any of these categories (although his mommy is adopted), so I don't think it's the right fit for my "collection."

I found this one entitled "Child's Touch" that is just as precious as "Child of My Heart." The child in this piece seems to be a bit younger than the one in "Child of My Heart", but I think it still portrays the image of a toddler.


I still can't get over how much feeling comes from such a small and faceless figure. Susan Lordi is an amazing artist. I can't wait to continue adding to my collection!


1 comment:

  1. I asked for the Nativity set for Christmas. I just love willow tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover