photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cr-Craftin'.

As promised, here are a few pictures of some projects I've had going on. I'm trying to steadily work on things here and there so that by Harper's 2nd birthday (in April), hopefully the house will be party-ready. It may seem silly to be thinking about that now, but as any parent knows--time flies.

I found a cute lamp and an accent table on Craigslist for $15 each. The table couldn't be more perfect! I promise I don't paint everything, but the color of wood just wasn't right for our house, so out came the paint!

I used the same color that I used on our fence project.

Before:

Photobucket

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

I will be getting a new lamp shade to replace the plain white one that it came with. I'm not sure what style or color I want yet, but it'll hit me when I see it.

I also attempted a coffee filter wreath! I had seen these all over the blog world, so I decided I would give it a try. I forgot to take pictures of each step, but it's super simple.

1. Buy a wreath form or cut what shape you'd like your wreath to be from a foam board. I was REALLY cheap and just bought a pack of poster board.

2. I wanted a circular wreath, so I used the bottom of a lampshade and a plate to trace the circles onto the poster board.

3. Cut out the shape with an Exacto knife.

4. Form a rosette with a coffee filter.
Photobucket

5. With a LOW temp glue gun, put a little glue on on the bottom of the rosette and place on your cut-out.
Photobucket

6. I usually work around the edges of the cut-out and then fill in the rest.

I made three of them to hang above our bed and here is the final result!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really happy with the way they turned out and I can't wait to make one with white coffee filters.


Just as an update, Harper is doing fine. We took him to the Dr. today and his ears and chest are clear. She said he sounds a lot worse than he is and he will probably be conjested for at least a week. Here we are trying to comfort our Dr-phobic child.

Photobucket

Can ya'll tell I didn't do my hair this morning? That's a nice gap I've got going on there.
Photobucket

A few bubbles when we got home made everything alright.
Photobucket

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I Love The Wreaths.........I am thinking of doing something like that in my bedroom after I paint it and by the way your little prince is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover