photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, February 7, 2011

Gettin' a little personal here..

Tonight, folks, I am an open book. This will be short and sweet. I don't usually get all that personal on my blog, but with all of the mothers out there, I figured someone could identify with me.

(If you are a male family member, you'll probably want to stop reading..... NOW!)



After I gave birth to Harper, my Dr. came in and discussed birth control methods with me. I was going to breast feed, so my husband and I decided that Mirena would be the best choice for me/us. A few months after he was born, I went in, got the Mirena and was out in no time.

I didn't think much of the Mirena and went on with my life. A few months later, however, my cycles completely stopped. For some women, this would be a blessing. For me.. not so much. I found it to be VERY strange. God designed our bodies to have a cycle every month and so not having one sort of bothered me after awhile. I'm weird, I know.

Despite my feelings about it, I left it alone and just dealt with it. I didn't want the monthly expense of BC pills.

Time went on and other things began happening. Things that I'm not brave enough to talk about here, but there were issues.

One thing that I will talk about, however, is my hair. I have lost SO much hair! I pray that someone out there has also experienced this and I'm not losing my mind. I used to have such thick hair that I would actually get it thinned out once in awhile by my stylist. Now, as I'm washing it in the shower, I don't grab the same handfulls of hair that I used to. It really bothers me. So... with all of the issues I was having, I decided to have it removed.

It's been gone for about a month now and I'm interested to see what will happen.

In an effort to help my hair get back to normal, I started taking pre-natals. I promise that is the ONLY reason I am taking them :)

I'm just curious to see who else may have had the same issues. Did you experience hair loss too?

Hopefully I'm not crazy!


3 comments:

  1. I actually went to the doctor's office a few weeks ago to discuss getting Mirena! I'm interested to see what happens now that you have it removed, and if it was the Mirena that was causing your issues.
    I've been on the pill since I stopped breast feeding and have been on it for years before pregnancy. I'm always having issues though with any pill I try, it's so frustrating.
    I had the Nuvaring for a few months before I got pregnant and loved it, but there's no generic and it was $50 a month...that adds up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the Mirena for, gosh, 7 years now? I love it, but I know it's not for everyone. I have several friends who have it and love it as well, but then I have a couple friends who have tried it and then had it removed.

    I hope your issues are resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/09/2011

    Ashlyn,
    Oh the joys of being a woman! I haven't tried Mirena, but I've been on the pill for ages and finally had to go off last month because it's such a hassle and makes me feel out of sorts. Don't feel bad about the hair loss, I have that problem lately myself. Your's will grow back in no time. Good luck with everything!
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover