photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, February 6, 2011

More crafting with my Valentine

You know that my little nugget is my Valentine this year. And every year until he gets married.

Let's not go there mm k?

Anyhoo, I started a little Valentine's Day craft project with him yesterday while daddy slept the day away. I love Valentine's Day but I don't go all out on decorations for every SINGLE season/holiday. I'd like to, but decorations are expensive! I have a few things here and there, but I prefer homemade things because they mean so much more and they are FREE!

I supervised Harper with some plain paper and crayons and we got to work.


Photobucket

I love watching his little hands when he is working on new things.
Photobucket

We scribbled on 6 pieces of paper...
Photobucket

And then I cut each peice into a different sized heart.
Photobucket

The leftover scraps were entertainment for a short moment on a rainy Saturday.
Photobucket

I borrowed some some twine from our garage and pulled out my trusty glue gun. I simply glued the back of each heart to the twine and made some homemade garland! I decided to drape it over the mirror above my buffet.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought I would end up tossing this in the trash after Valentine's Day, but I think I'm going to keep it. I plan to date the back of one of the hearts and add to it each year with Harper and his future sibling. Before long, I should have quite a long garland to display each year and hopefully it will be remembered as a Valentine's tradition in the Cushing home.


On a completely different subject, I realized just now that I have not done a home tour in photos like I promised some time ago. I think I will start on that tomorrow!

We've had quite a lazy weekend. Daddy has been working and it rained all day Friday and Saturday. I put in Toy Story 3 for Harper yesterday and he paid attention for all of 10 minutes. I kept watching it as he ran around the house and I CRIED like a baby at the end. I knew it was coming, but man oh man. It got me thinking about Harper going off to college and that's just something that every mother avoids being reminded of :(

I went to a Superbowl party for about 2 hours earlier, but came home. Harper goes to bed pretty early and he was getting tired. Now I'm lying in my bed watching the game (although I could care less about it) and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Jimmy is off work and I hope we can run out and get a few things for Harper's room!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover