Yesterday, I went on a play date with another mom from my Sunday School class. We stay-at-home moms try to get together once a week now and we all have so much fun! I haven't taken any pictures of them yet because our play group is still really new. I don't want to be the weirdo snapping the camera in everyone's face all day :) Not yet, anyway.
I have really been stepping it up with my recipes lately, although it's getting to that time of year when we need to start eating a little on the lighter side to get ready for Spring.
I think everyone in the world knows about Taco Soup, but I have just discovered it's deliciousness in the past few months. I made some day before yesterday to have on hand as lunch through the week.
Here is the recipe.
Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)
1.Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
2.Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
I'd made it before using these exact ingredients but both the Mister and I thought it needed something extra. So, I added:
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 packet of hot Taco seasoning instead of regular
1 green bell pepper
It was SOOO good!

Today, little man has not been himself. I think he may have a little stomach bug. We hung out all day while daddy worked a contract and he had a bath this morning rather than at nightime. I'm sure that threw him off :)
He's been doing a lot of this today.

When Jimmy got home, he and Harper played for a little while and then he realized again that he didn't feel well. He ended up falling asleep in my arms and then daddy wanted to hold him, so we had to document this rare occasion. He NEVER falls asleep unless he is in his bed!


(ugggh... I would really like a new camera! All of the pictures that I take without flash are blurry.)
I'm not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow. All I know is that hubby is off work and I need to get off this computer!
Night,







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!