If you are new here, then I have to tell you that I've been having some serious issues with my dog Kailey.
I had been in touch with a potential adoptee for both of them, but through time she had come to the decision that she wouldn't be able to adopt our chihuahuas in addition to her chihuahua.
I sort of let it go and resolved myself to the fact that I would have to deal with the chaos for awhile.
Just last week, Maya (who is now in excess of 50 pounds and a little Harper-obsessed) and Kailey got into a HUGE fight. Kailey's backside was sliced open and blood splattered all over my laundry room.

It was all over a pretzel.
Kailey is fine, but I just can't keep doing this.
So, with that in mind, I talked it over with Jimmy and we decided to ask this lady if she would be interesed in taking JUST Kailey.
As luck would have it, she said yes and she wants to try to take Bentley too.
So, Saturday, we will be driving to Myrtle Beach, SC to give them a trial run. We will drop them off and go sight-seeing while they mingle. At the end of the day, we will give her a call and see how it's going. If all is well, then they stay and I will check back with her in a few days. If not, we will take them back home with us.
I am really, really sad about the idea of adopting out my two lap dogs. I've had Kailey for going on 7 years now and it breaks my heart. Bentley has been around for 6 years.
I know that I'm doing the right thing. Eventually we will have another baby and the chaos factor is going to increase 10-fold. There's even a chance of Jimmy becoming a canine officer in the future. That would mean 2 Germans and 2 chil-rens..
So, we will see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed that they all hit it off :)

I had been in touch with a potential adoptee for both of them, but through time she had come to the decision that she wouldn't be able to adopt our chihuahuas in addition to her chihuahua.
I sort of let it go and resolved myself to the fact that I would have to deal with the chaos for awhile.
Just last week, Maya (who is now in excess of 50 pounds and a little Harper-obsessed) and Kailey got into a HUGE fight. Kailey's backside was sliced open and blood splattered all over my laundry room.

It was all over a pretzel.
Kailey is fine, but I just can't keep doing this.
So, with that in mind, I talked it over with Jimmy and we decided to ask this lady if she would be interesed in taking JUST Kailey.
As luck would have it, she said yes and she wants to try to take Bentley too.
So, Saturday, we will be driving to Myrtle Beach, SC to give them a trial run. We will drop them off and go sight-seeing while they mingle. At the end of the day, we will give her a call and see how it's going. If all is well, then they stay and I will check back with her in a few days. If not, we will take them back home with us.
I am really, really sad about the idea of adopting out my two lap dogs. I've had Kailey for going on 7 years now and it breaks my heart. Bentley has been around for 6 years.
I know that I'm doing the right thing. Eventually we will have another baby and the chaos factor is going to increase 10-fold. There's even a chance of Jimmy becoming a canine officer in the future. That would mean 2 Germans and 2 chil-rens..
So, we will see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed that they all hit it off :)








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!