It probably has a lot to do with the weather, but I've been in a cleaning and beautifying mood lately.
I woke up this morning and made a pot of coffee. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but today, I was in the mood for some. After Harper was dressed for the day, we migrated outside where I enjoyed my first cup of coffee in our new house al fresco! I took the time to do a little blog checking while Harper played.
This may become a habit for us both! I really enjoyed being outside early.

(yes that is a Christmas mug. I like it's small size.)
Harper went back and forth through the broken screen. We can thank Miss Maya for his new passageway to the backyard :)

Before long, my laptop became a table for breakfast.

When we came inside, the sunshine was spilling onto the hardwood floor and I realized that Maya must be shedding much more than usual. This picture does no justice to just how GROSS my floors were!

I swept and swept, then finally mopped it to cleanliness. I'm sure by tomorrow it will look like I didn't do anything. Hahah!
Later on, I took Harper AC Moore, Home Goods and then to have his hair cut. His behavior today was pretty bad, I have to admit. I know he's almost two, so I try to be understanding. When I tried to put him in the kiddie seat at the salon, he LOST it. To make a bad situation worse, his stylist had an awful attitude. I should have known we needed to wait until daddy was off work so that we could all go together. For whatever reason, he behaves better for his daddy and it drives me crazy, but it's just the way it is.
He left with a pretty awful haircut. I think his shirt says it all.

Dear Lord I hope it looks better after I wash it.
I did pick up a few things during my outing. I have been looking for something to go on my small table in my living room and I've shopped my house a hundred times. I finally broke down and bought a few things for it.
I got the bud vase, 1 stem of a yellow flower arrangement, a beautiful pale green Easter bowl, some tealights and a candle for my master bath for around 12 dollars. I walked over to Home Goods and bought a CUTE green polka dot frame for about 8 dollars.
Here it is, all together! (And the Easter bowl will probably stay out year-round because I love it so much.)


I cut off two tiny branches from my one stem to fill the bud vase. I put what was left in the arrangement on my mantle for some color :)

Speaking of "sprucing up", I received this in the mail today.

There's nothing like a Victoria's Secret catalog to make you want to spruce up your physique! Or... just make you feel really bad about yourself. I browsed through and stared longingly at the beautiful bikinis that I would have been able to wear just 3 short years ago. Unfortunately stretch marks and loose skin aren't considered sexy, so I will probably be covering up with a tankini. Groan.....
I do plan on starting my Spring walking again. Last year, I would walk while Harper and Jimmy napped in the mornings. I hope to start that very soon!
I hope everyone had a great Saturday!
I woke up this morning and made a pot of coffee. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but today, I was in the mood for some. After Harper was dressed for the day, we migrated outside where I enjoyed my first cup of coffee in our new house al fresco! I took the time to do a little blog checking while Harper played.
This may become a habit for us both! I really enjoyed being outside early.

(yes that is a Christmas mug. I like it's small size.)
Harper went back and forth through the broken screen. We can thank Miss Maya for his new passageway to the backyard :)

Before long, my laptop became a table for breakfast.

When we came inside, the sunshine was spilling onto the hardwood floor and I realized that Maya must be shedding much more than usual. This picture does no justice to just how GROSS my floors were!

I swept and swept, then finally mopped it to cleanliness. I'm sure by tomorrow it will look like I didn't do anything. Hahah!
Later on, I took Harper AC Moore, Home Goods and then to have his hair cut. His behavior today was pretty bad, I have to admit. I know he's almost two, so I try to be understanding. When I tried to put him in the kiddie seat at the salon, he LOST it. To make a bad situation worse, his stylist had an awful attitude. I should have known we needed to wait until daddy was off work so that we could all go together. For whatever reason, he behaves better for his daddy and it drives me crazy, but it's just the way it is.
He left with a pretty awful haircut. I think his shirt says it all.

Dear Lord I hope it looks better after I wash it.
I did pick up a few things during my outing. I have been looking for something to go on my small table in my living room and I've shopped my house a hundred times. I finally broke down and bought a few things for it.
I got the bud vase, 1 stem of a yellow flower arrangement, a beautiful pale green Easter bowl, some tealights and a candle for my master bath for around 12 dollars. I walked over to Home Goods and bought a CUTE green polka dot frame for about 8 dollars.
Here it is, all together! (And the Easter bowl will probably stay out year-round because I love it so much.)


I cut off two tiny branches from my one stem to fill the bud vase. I put what was left in the arrangement on my mantle for some color :)

Speaking of "sprucing up", I received this in the mail today.

There's nothing like a Victoria's Secret catalog to make you want to spruce up your physique! Or... just make you feel really bad about yourself. I browsed through and stared longingly at the beautiful bikinis that I would have been able to wear just 3 short years ago. Unfortunately stretch marks and loose skin aren't considered sexy, so I will probably be covering up with a tankini. Groan.....
I do plan on starting my Spring walking again. Last year, I would walk while Harper and Jimmy napped in the mornings. I hope to start that very soon!
I hope everyone had a great Saturday!







I love your new finds and that little table is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love your table finds!!!
ReplyDeletePS-I totally drink coffee from a Christmas mug, too! It's seriously my favorite mug ever!