I know that my hormones are in overdrive right now (I cried when I watched Hancock last night) and I've had a few teary moments on my baby's birthday. The first of these moments happened while wating in the car with my little man. Daddy was in the dentist's office and I happened to glance back at Harper to see what he was doing. He took his eyes off "Finding Nemo" and gave me the sweetest little grin. (Ok, I'm tearing up again!) I tried to imprint that image in my mind because I know how quickly the time passes. I know that in about 15 years, he will be getting ready to go to college and I want to always remember his sweet, toothy little smiles.
The second moment came when I posted the following on facebook:
"Two years ago today, at 5:37pm, Jimmy and I welcomed Harper James Cushing into our family. We are so happy and blessed to be his parents. We love you Monkey!!"
I just can't believe it's been two years.
In an effort to dry my tears now, here is a recap of what we did today.
We first stopped at the mall to take Harper to the toy store and for a birthday cookie. Wouldn't you know that both stores have closed?! I took the opportunity to indulge in some salted pretzel sticks with cheese dip. Heaven.

Harper played in the kids area before we left..

Then we headed to Toys R Us to get the birthday boy a little something. For some reason, he was very interested in all of the pink automobiles, much to daddy's dismay.

Harper came away with a foam airplane and a T-ball set.
Next stop was the dentist's office for Jimmy's follow-up. Harper and I sat in the car for almost an hour watching Finding Nemo before I had to go in for a potty break.

We ended up being out for several hours, making other stops that are too boring to talk about. I was completely wiped out, so Jimmy took me home and then he and Harper headed to the grocery store. They came back with a little cake for monkey man.

Jimmy had to hold his hands down to keep him from demolishing his cake!

Harper was a big boy and blew out his candle all by himself. Here I am with my little man and PLEASE excuse my horrible roots! I can't wait for 12 weeks to get here so I can go to the salon again!

All in all, he had a great birthday and he was worn out at the end of the day. Jimmy and I are so thankful and blessed to call ourselves his parents and we look forward to many more birthdays.
Happy 2nd birthday Harper. We love you!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!