photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

House-y Things

This past Monday morning, I woke up and had SO much energy! I had a passing thought that maybe my first trimester exhaustion was on it's way out the door, so I tried to take advantage of it. Notice I said passing thought? :)

I ended up cleaning out two closets, but I only have a picture of one. I'll get to that in a second.

One of the many luxuries of this beautiful home is the number of closets it has. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for this. Each bedroom has it's own, very sizable closet and then there is a linen, coat and 2 hallway closets, one of which is supposed to house stairs to the FROG should we ever buy the house and finish it. This closet is the biggest and was the most unorganized. When we moved in, we sort of just threw things in the two hallway closets to get them out of the way.

I had been wanting to organize them and make one the utility and storage closet and the other a toy closet. Now that we have baby #2 on the way, I know how important it is/will be to keep the toys under control. If the chaos isn't contained, I may end up breaking an ankle.

I do not have a before picture, but here is the somewhat finished utility closet.
Photobucket

It may not look at the wonderful, but it is a HUGE improvement. I still want to do a little more in here, but for now, it's pleases me :)

I don't have a picture of the toy closet yet, but that is to come!

I also ended up organizing the space underneath our kitchen sink.

Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

All of the crooked products hanging out in the back are in a flexible green basket, so they don't stay very upright. I would love to get more organized-looking containers for all of these things and sort them by frequency of use. It'll get there I suppose.

This was the day that Jimmy was having more sedation dentistry done. When I came home from picking him up, this is what I found:
Photobucket

Now, it seems as if my male chihuahua was the culprit, but he was not. It was my German Shepherd. I was SO mad because aside from humans and dogs, this was the only other living creature in the house. It softened the space in between my buffet and the wall and I had managed to keep it alive! Ugggggghhhhhhh.....

Yesterday, while we were out hunting for Harper's birthday presents, I snuck into Yankee Candle Co. To say that I am obsessed with the way my house smells would be an understatement. I am a huge tart fan because they are cheap and powerful. I ended up getting a few tarts, but I am in LOVE with this one:
Photobucket

I think it smells very similar to Island Orchid by Bath and Body Works. I burned it last night after dinner and although it was strong for my pregnancy nose, I still loved it.

I should go now and catch up on other house-y things. I am so behind. In fact, I had a heart to heart with my husband a few nights ago and requested that he chip in a little more when it comes to housework. Bless his heart, he works so hard, but I just can't keep up with it right now. Dishes have been known to pile up for days before I feel like getting around to them, so desperate times call for desperate measures. I asked him what he thought he could handle and he responded with "Well, I don't really know what needs to be done, so...." I was so shocked! I thought for sure he noticed the piles of laundry undone, the dog hair accumulating in corners, the toys strewn all over the house, the dirty dishes, the gross bathrooms. But no.

Jokingly, I asked him if I need to make a chore chart and he said yes! If you know of a good, simple chore chart, let me know. I am looking!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, don't laugh, but I use myjobchart.com for the kids. Look it up... maybe he'll like it? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the feeling (after the fact!) of cleaning/organizing a closet? I know it makes me feel so accomplished! I'm weird :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover