photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Harper-isms at 24 months

This will be my last "Harper-isms" post! He's a big boy now, so there isn't much to document month by month. *Tear.*

We just went for his 2 year checkup yesterday and he is in the 75th percentile for his height (down from 95th) and in the 50th for his weight. He is almost 29 pounds and is 35 and 1/4 inches tall. The Dr. said that his weight and height are finally catching up with eachother! For awhile there, we had a VERY tall, skinny baby. Like I always say, he is destined to be tall. Jimmy is 6'5.

She said that developmentally, he is doing beautifully. I'm always concerned about his verbal development, but according to the questionnaire I filled out, he is right on target. He doesn't use many 2 and 3 words phrases yet, but that will come. Just in the last few days, he has started trying to repeat everything we say. So far we have,

"I do it."

"I can't." (This one is so hilarious to me.)

"Buh-fwy." (Butterfly)

"I poon-ed." (Yep, I pooted. Guess who encouraged that one?)

There are so many other words that he says and I truly can't remember them all. It seems to be a new one everyday.

Although we are still dealing with tantrums, I think he is at his most loving age. He freely snuggles and gives hugs and kisses. He acknowledges Jimmy and I as Mama and Dada finally and when it's time to go wake Jimmy up for the day, I will say "Go wake up dada!" He runs to the bedroom screaming dada, climbs onto the bed and lays his face on Jimmy's face. He is very gentle and sweet.

At night, when I put him to bed, I whisper "Night night" and he whispers it back several times. I could just eat him up!!!

He still sleeps like a champ! At least 12 hours a night and a 3 hour nap during the day. I hope and PRAY that the next one will be like that. I had a lot of people tell me that I was too uptight about his sleeping schedule when he was a baby, but I have to give myself a little credit. I think that his schedule is the number one reason why he is such a good sleeper. I know how much sleep he needs so that we can both function properly and I'm really proud of that!

I never thought I'd say this, but Harper tried peanut butter for the first time last night! On a whim, I brought out some apple chunks, scooped some PB out and demonstrated how to dip it. He copied me and LOVED it! Finally, some protein in this kids diet! He also eats PB with preztels.

Harper still gets diaper rash pretty easily. I was supposed to go to a playdate today and canceled due to Harper sleeping late and throwing off his nap schedule. I was a good thing I did, because he ended up having 4 diarrhea diapers and terrible diaper rash. Poor little guy. I'm not sure if it was something he ate or if by some chance it has anything to do with the follow-up Hepatitis shot he had yesterday. Either way, he's been uncomfortable :(

I am still amazed at how much he seems to learn everyday. I've been feeling a little better recently, so he hasn't been watching as much TV. We've been spending a lot of time outside playing. He is so observant of every little noise he hears whether it's a plane, a bird, a car or a dog barking. He always looks at me for an explanation.

This week has been so sentimental all because of his second birthday! We still have one more party to look forward to and I promise to get better pictures this time.

I still can't believe my baby is 2!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover