I feel like I spent a week preparing for Easter. All of us got new clothes, as is tradition. We spent several days going on all-day hunts for things, but we finally got it all done!


This year, we went to our 9am church service and little did I know that it would be our Pastor's last sermon! I knew it was sometime soon, just not this soon! It was such an emotional service. Every time he cried, I cried. I barely know him as a pastor, truthfully. We joined less than a year ago, but he's one of those special people that you feel very connected to. We will certainly miss him.
After church, we ran to Bojangles and got a biscuit. We all had to hurry and get the car packed up because we were going to be spending Easter in Meadow, NC. That is where Jimmy's grandma lives. We picked up some of his family and headed that way. When we arrived, we all ate at the only restaurant in town! It is SOOOO good, but I had another awful headache, so I didn't eat very much :(
We headed over to Jimmy's grandma's and had a quick Easter egg hunt!







We waited to give Harper his basket from the Easter bunny until after the egg hunt!


a change of clothes later...


We had a great day although we couldn't see all of the family. That is something that has always been a struggle and it began as soon as we got married! My parents live 2 and 1/2 hours away and we just can't be in 3 places at one time. I thought about making a schedule so that each year we spend certain holidays with family members and then switch the next year. It sounds good in theory, but it would never work because of Jimmy's schedule. We never know what holidays he may be working each year. Sigh......
I hope everyone had a wonderful and peaceful Easter!!







his outfit is so cute!
ReplyDeletehttp://tosots.blogspot.com/