photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Things are turning around!

If you read my last post, then you know that the hubs and I have had one heckuva week. I'm happy to report that Jimmy is now the proud owner of a 2007 black F-150 and it has a full warranty! Yahoo!

We still have not heard back from our real estate company. I guess we will see what this week holds :)

I am slowly feeling more and more relieved about Harper's upcoming surgery. Although it stinks that he has to have it, I will be so happy to get it over with. We are so glad that the Dr. wants to go ahead and remove the lipoma and mole so that we can all get on with our lives. No more waiting to see if he will ask us to come back in 6 months or a year.

Before everything hit the fan last week, I had been on the lookout for a duvet cover for our bed. As much as the hubs and I love our pristine, white down comforter, it requires washing every week. I wanted to find something to protect it so that I didn't have to wash it as much. On a whim, I visited the Pottery Barn website. I don't own a single thing from PB (as they are very proud of their products), but I ran across the most beautiful duvet on clearance!!!

Photobucket

I went ahead and paid extra to have our big ol' "C" monogrammed in the middle. Jimmy and I don't have anything monogrammed (and I am a little obsessed with monogramming), so for me, it was worth it. I just checked the status and it should be here by Monday!

I've also been on a bit of a nesting spree. Realizing that I had to switch my clothes from winter to summer a few days ago, I took it upon myself to rearrange and organize our closet. It took 2 and 1/2 hours! Of course, I didn't take a before picture, but here it is!

My side. The large Ziploc bag holds bathingsuits and covers. I will be finding baskets at some point for these. The pile of clothes on the lower rack are fleece and flannel PJ's that just won't fit in my shallow dresser drawers. Would like a basket for those too :) I can hear my husband groaning now...
Photobucket

The beginning of our shared part. I put Jimmy's nicest shoes up top to keep the doggies away. These aren't all of his nice shoes though :)
Photobucket

Jimmy's side and Maya's backside.
Photobucket

I also started to arrange Harper's closet a few days ago. He had an antique dresser that I craigslisted because I couldn't take the squeakiness anymore. That has been about 2 months ago and he still doesn't have a dresser! My mother-in-law has one that she has offered, but we just have to find the time to go get it :) Because he had no dresser, I had crammed everything in his closet using leftover diaper boxes.
Photobucket

I've made a little progress, but this isn't even half of his clothes! There is still so much I want to do to make his closet a bit more functional and easy on the eyes. I promise to post pics when it's all done!

The same day I began organizing his closet, I decided to let him play in the rain. It wasn't pouring and it was pretty hot, so I think he enjoyed it.
Photobucket

Things around here are FAR from perfect, but at least they are getting better.

Goodnight,

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover