photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday night vent session


Today has really been a doozy.

Harper has not been himself lately and woke up yesterday with a runny nose accompanied by a cough and sneezing. Whenever he is sick (as most moms of toddlers already know), he will either be cranky or clingy.

This time it was cranky.

This morning, I woke up with a sore throat and ears. Needless to say, Harper nor I are feeling well at the moment and it's making us both a little testy.

To make things just a little bit worse, my hubby's schedule was turned upside down today. He was prepared to work an unusual schedule this week due to in-service training (classroom hours required every year), but since they are so short staffed at the moment, they canceled his in-service.

I could go on and on, but bless his heart. He didn't have a nap this afternoon so that I could lie down and rest. Once he left, so began mine and Harper's power struggle.

I feel like lately, we struggle over everything!! It's so frustrating! I know this is typical behavior from a toddler, but when mommy is pregnant AND sick, I have a hard time finding the patience that I usually have.

I'm ready for both of us to feel better so that we are happier!

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely in my prayers. Hang in their Mama!

    Being preggo & sick is the pits.

    Both of my kids & I are going through the same allergy/cold thing. It is totally miserable. Are you giving Harper any medicine? I just bought my 2.5 little girl some Hylands dissolvable allergy tablets.

    If all else fails... turn on Harper's fav tv show/movie & go take yourself a nap. To be honest, I had to do this quite a few times (if I wasn't puking my guts out) when I was preggo with my 2nd.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover