I'll get right to the point......
There's just ONE baby!
Whew!!
I want to clarify a little bit about why I was so terrified of having twins. I know that they would have been a (double) blessing, but in the back of my mind, I had visions of being here at home, all alone with three babies while my husband was still working nights. If he had a regular 8-5 schedule, *maybe* it wouldn't have worried me so much.
I'm also a little gal--standing at just 5'2 and weighing in at 115 (for now..heheh). Jimmy and I were very worried that I would have eventually been put on bedrest with twins and he would have had to take several weeks off work. Obviously this wouldn't have been good for our wallet! Some may think we over-thought it, but we couldn't help it! We had to consider everything that could happen.
I also have always wanted just two babies. When I start thinking about the future and consider all of the ball games, possible dance lessons, cheerleading (thinking girl here!), homework, traveling to see family, and various other events all coupled with a husband who works a very difficult schedule, I feel like two is all I can handle! I'm sure I will have to attend a lot of events by myself, so I can't imagine having to stretch myself 3 different ways.
On to the picture! Forgive the quality. I did not get a CD nor do I have a scanner, so I had to take a pic of the printout.

We saw the tiny, flickering heartbeat and I expected to see the bean jumping all over the place (like Harper did on his first ultrasound), but this little nugget was calm as a cucumber. Didn't budge one bit.
The Dr. did an exam of course and my tummy is SO sore from all the pressing! I've had a little bit of upset tummy today too, so that hasn't been fun. My nausea has been a lot better recently and I haven't had to take a Zofran in several days.. until today. The Dr. told me that the nausea could get worse before it gets better. She also discussed the fact that I had Gestational Diabetes with Harper (which resulted his shoulder dystocia at birth) and has already mentioned possibly inducing me at 39 weeks or performing a C-section if this baby is large. I guess we will see what happens!
I hoped to get a sweet picture of Harper looking at the ultrasound picture, but he could have cared less.

Notice his eyes stayed glued to the TV.

Jimmy and I are so happy and excited! My official due date is Nov 5th, but Harper was almost 3 weeks early, so I'm thinking I will definitely have the baby by Halloween.
I have to go get started on Harper's decorations for one of his two birthday parties. It is tomorrow! Gotta get busy :)







I missed the announcement, but oh my goodness, this is so exciting! CONGRATS!
ReplyDelete