This is only my third Mother's Day and I really think they get better and better each year :)
I invited my mom and dad down to visit this weekend so that they could celebrate Mother's Day with us. They know that they are always welcome, but this was a special invitation!
They spent Friday night with us and stayed most of the day Saturday. We had a nice, relaxing time. Jimmy, Harper and I gave mom a card and a new charm for her Chamila bracelet!

She really loved it.

We started the morning with one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is usually reserved for special occasions and holidays, like Christmas, but I think Mother's Day warrants a special breakfast. It is SO easy!

I'll have to share it later :)
On Sunday, I'm sad to say we didn't make it to church. I feel like I say that all the time now, but Jimmy had worked until 2:30am the night before and I knew that there was no way I could drag him out of bed to go.
Jimmy disappeared to the garage after sleeping in for a bit and came back with Mother's Day surprises. Harper gave me his card first.. (I love how it suggests that I am done "raising him" hehe!)

He even drew me an airplane with daddy's help.

Then came Daddy's card.

He is so sweet to me :)

He gave me two necklace and earring sets from a local girly shop named FiFi. I LOVE them!

We all got ready and then headed to meet his dad for lunch at The Fish House!

I tried several times to get some good pictures of Harper on Mother's Day and he was pretty good for daddy..

But not for me. Story of my life right now..haha.

He even has the knack of literally pushing me away from him whilst trying to take a picture (I changed out of this dress before lunch because it looked so weird on the belly :) Notice my half-smile because I wasn't sure if Harper was smiling too.

We came home and put the Monkey down for a nap. I did a little cleaning and relaxing, then it was time to head to Jimmy's mom's for dinner. This is when I took my 14 week belly picture and I will do that update tomorrow.

I was too busy with Harper to take any pictures at dinner, but we all had fun.
On days like Mother's Day, I become so aware of how blessed I am to have my mom, two great mother-in-laws, a great husband, a beautiful little boy and a precious baby on the way. Most days, I think I (and we all) take our blessings for granted. Simple things like still having our mothers with us and our family's health. Be sure to thank the Lord every day for each of your blessings.
For those who have lost your mother, are waiting to become a mother or have experienced the loss of a child, please know that you are thought of and prayed for every day.
I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful and special Mother's Day:)
I invited my mom and dad down to visit this weekend so that they could celebrate Mother's Day with us. They know that they are always welcome, but this was a special invitation!
They spent Friday night with us and stayed most of the day Saturday. We had a nice, relaxing time. Jimmy, Harper and I gave mom a card and a new charm for her Chamila bracelet!

She really loved it.

We started the morning with one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is usually reserved for special occasions and holidays, like Christmas, but I think Mother's Day warrants a special breakfast. It is SO easy!

I'll have to share it later :)
On Sunday, I'm sad to say we didn't make it to church. I feel like I say that all the time now, but Jimmy had worked until 2:30am the night before and I knew that there was no way I could drag him out of bed to go.
Jimmy disappeared to the garage after sleeping in for a bit and came back with Mother's Day surprises. Harper gave me his card first.. (I love how it suggests that I am done "raising him" hehe!)

He even drew me an airplane with daddy's help.

Then came Daddy's card.

He is so sweet to me :)

He gave me two necklace and earring sets from a local girly shop named FiFi. I LOVE them!

We all got ready and then headed to meet his dad for lunch at The Fish House!

I tried several times to get some good pictures of Harper on Mother's Day and he was pretty good for daddy..

But not for me. Story of my life right now..haha.

He even has the knack of literally pushing me away from him whilst trying to take a picture (I changed out of this dress before lunch because it looked so weird on the belly :) Notice my half-smile because I wasn't sure if Harper was smiling too.

We came home and put the Monkey down for a nap. I did a little cleaning and relaxing, then it was time to head to Jimmy's mom's for dinner. This is when I took my 14 week belly picture and I will do that update tomorrow.

I was too busy with Harper to take any pictures at dinner, but we all had fun.
On days like Mother's Day, I become so aware of how blessed I am to have my mom, two great mother-in-laws, a great husband, a beautiful little boy and a precious baby on the way. Most days, I think I (and we all) take our blessings for granted. Simple things like still having our mothers with us and our family's health. Be sure to thank the Lord every day for each of your blessings.
For those who have lost your mother, are waiting to become a mother or have experienced the loss of a child, please know that you are thought of and prayed for every day.
I hope each and every one of you had a wonderful and special Mother's Day:)







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!