photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, May 30, 2011

Our little potty boy

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but this afternoon, Harper peed in the potty!

Jimmy and I bought his potty when he was 18 months old because there were times when he'd wet his diaper then go into his room, get a clean one and rub it on his pants. All this time we have been talking about the potty, getting him to sit on it when he would and talking it up.

Recently, I have been finding Harper naked from the waist down when I would go in to get him in the mornings. Today he took it a step further and removed his diaper every time he wet it. After Jimmy and I were done with our yardwork, we just let Harper run around diaperless. Jimmy sat on the floor with him and worked with him for awhile before going to grab a shower. I was exhausted, so I laid on the couch and let Harper play. I noticed that he stood over it one time, but I didn't see him do anything. I got up and happened to glance in the potty. I noticed there was something in there, so I ran and asked Jimmy if he had put anything in it (like water.) He said no, so I ran back and sure enough, it was tinkle!!

We of course praised Harper and gave him a cookie. I just can't believe that he did it! He's had a few accidents this afternoon, but of course we expect that. We don't want to push potty training if he's not ready and I have felt that he isn't yet. I guess we will see!!

Big boy!!

(these photos are not from today)
Photobucket

Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover