This past weekend, I traveled home to see my mom and dad. My mom and I had to get some "practice time" in because we are performing at a wedding in two weeks. We love doing weddings, but they are so darn stressful!
I got there on Friday and relaxed. Then Saturday we went to lunch with my aunt, uncle and cousins. I had heard the news that the Pizza Inn in Rocky Mount, NC had moved and been remodeled. As soon as I heard "Pizza Inn", it was all I could think about for days, so we went! Harper came away with a full belly and a fire hat.

We ran to Target after to buy a birthday gift for a party that afternoon. While we were there, my mom went a little crazy buying girl clothes. Pictures to follow soon!
Here is Harper and I at the "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" party.


The party was so fun, but we had to leave early because Harper was SOOO tired. We all went home and napped, then met up with my "Nanny and Papa" for dinner at Olive Garden. We all came home and mom and I practiced again :)
This morning, mom took Harper with her to the Sunday School class that she teaches. Apparently Harper didn't want to share his grandma with the other kids, so she asked that I come in and help her with him while she taught Children's Church after. All the banging and noisy kids overwhelmed him, so she finally had to pick him up and carry him around the room!

Afterward, we met up with some more aunts, uncles and cousins at Cracker Barrel. I asked mom and dad to smile for me and this is the best I got:

There was rocking the rocking chairs...

And finally he tuckered out with ketchup on his face :)

Harper and I had a great weekend, but we certainly missed daddy while he was working :( We both came home and crashed! I have been in my bed for hours now, but wanted to blog about our busy weekend.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!







Hi Ashlynn... First of all I am so sorry to hear the scary stuff about Harper! I can't even imagine. He's definitely in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteDid Jimmy tell you the story of how we had a weird coincidence and saw him over the weekend? So funny. I had forgotten that you guys were living there.