

I tried taking a picture holding Harper, but he wasn't having it.
Of course we were all too enamored with the screen in the ultrasound room and forgot to take pictures!
The ultrasound tech had to work to get baby girl to move so we could see her parts. She gave us a little thumbs up at one point before we knew what she was. The tech had to bounce the wand-thingy on my belly to get her to move and when we saw her parts, I really thought it was a boy. I saw the tech examining the screen and she finally said, "I'm gonna go with girl!" Both myself and one of the other special ladies in the room with me said, "Really?" with disbelief. The tech said that of course I was still a bit early, but she started to name all of the individual girl parts, so it was clear that we were looking at a girl!
I don't have a scanner, and the ultrasound print out isn't that clear, so no picture to share of her yet!
Once I knew we were having a girl, I got the itch. You know the itch to go to Target. I tried to fight it, but I couldn't! I had to buy her something, so this is what I went with.
I had to take them out later to see how cute they are!
Gowns were something that Harper didn't have. I can't believe he didn't, but I know they will be super convenient this time around.
Call us crazy, but we also bought a baby doll to hold and cuddle so that Harper and Maya could get used to hearing and seeing "the baby."
(Yes, I know, not the cutest baby doll ever.)
We thought it would be funny to see his reaction. He DID NOT like the baby doll. He wouldn't hold it or look at it. I'm going to keep working with it and then it will be her baby doll.
Needless to say, Jimmy and I are SO thrilled! I definitely felt like it was a girl right from the beginning, but then started having second thoughts. We are so very blessed that it worked out this way because I only want 2 babies :)
My mind has been racing with nursery ideas and all the fun things a little girl will bring to our family!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
The results are in and we are having a...........
GIRL!!!
Hollin Kea Cushing
I can't believe I just typed that!
First of all, I know what you are thinking. I'm just barely 16 weeks, how in the world did I get an ultrasound?
I called my OB GYN and asked if I could get my ultrasound just past 17 weeks because my dad's birthday is June 6th. I explained that I would really like to know by then so that I could share the good news on or before his birthday. The reason that I felt I could make such a request was because one of my friends from Sunday school had hers at 17 weeks and 2 days. She had asked them if she could have hers early because her family would be in town that weekend. They were nice enough to do her ultrasound, but would not do an early one for me. I was disappointed because I knew that the sex could be determined this early. I found just past 12 weeks with Harper with a 4D ultrasound. It was an emergency situation, but we found out super early!
Long story short, we may or may not have an undisclosed source with access to ultrasound machine (if that's what you call it :) Sorry to be so vague, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
I was exactly 16 weeks on Saturday which is when we found out. Here are the last two photos of us before we knew we'd be welcoming a girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYay!! So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYAY! So fun! Congrats, and welcome to Team Girl:)
ReplyDeleteNew Follower! Congrats on a baby girl!! I am a little over 13 weeks and hoping to find the sex at 17 weeks!
ReplyDeleteLove, Love, Love that name!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete