photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, May 23, 2011

What I've been up to today.

Jimmy and I have been on cloud 9 since Saturday. Everytime I think about preparing for the baby, it takes a moment for my brain to remember, "Oh, yeah. We're having a girl!"

I subscribed to the Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids magazine early last week and they both came in today. The PB Kids mag had me drooling. Jimmy and I were flipping through it while Harper napped to get ideas. So far, this is his favorite setup.

Photobucket
(yes, I took a photo of the magazine instead of trying to find the picture online :)

Her room will be set up exactly the same way. We have two windows on one wall and had already decided to put the crib in between them. Jimmy really likes the pink and green. We'll see :)

While I had baby girl on my mind, I ventured out to the garage and pulled out a few books that were mine when I was little.
Photobucket

I also went through Harper's baby clothes and pulled out any and everything neutral. There were a few onesies with quite a bit of blue and green, but she can most definitely wear those around the house and we can throw a pink cardigan over them for a preppy look. I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to re-use some of his clothes.
Photobucket

Harper and Maya the dog kept me very busy today. Maya really enjoys bringing things in from outside and making a mess in general. Right now she is into dead branches. Between that and her daily shedding, I am always cleaning.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I mentioned a few posts back that our Bissell Pet Hair Eraser vaccuum died. We considered scraping together the funds to buy a Dyson, but I am just too skeptical. Nearly every vaccuum we've had will not last more than 2 years. At first, I thought it was my fault because I liked to use carpet sprinkle to freshen things up. I stopped using that a long time ago and the vaccuums STILL blow up. So, we've decided that for now, we will buy cheap vaccuums so that when they inevitably malfunction, we aren't out too much $$.

We bought this for $50 at Target and it works for now although Harper and Maya lose. their. mind when I use it. I have to have Jimmy hold Harper and send Maya outside. You should see her trying to burst through the door to get to it.
Photobucket
(The more pictures I see of my sitting room, the more I realize that I hate those stars. They are coming down tomorrow!)

Harper spends sooo much time outside, so I have to feed him his snacks on the go. Today it was Cheetos. I think he liked them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We've had a very fun but tiring day. I don't know about you, but when I put Harper to bed at night, I pretty much collapse the second after. I have intentions of getting more things done around the house, but usually I decide to blog first (like tonight.) I end up browsing blogs for awhile just to unwind and before I know it, it's 9pm. I don't like to make too much noise in the house while he's sleeping, so there goes my cleaning and/or project plans most of the time. With that being said, I have some laundry to do and need a shower.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. don't waste your money on a dyson.... ours broke and the part that broke there aren't replacement parts...which meant the whole thing went in the trash!!! i have the bissell one made for homes with pets (i'll see if i can find a link)...and its worked better than my dyson ever did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover