I knew that I wanted to do something so that the space "made sense." It's actually meant to be used as a breakfast room or eat-in kitchen.
It went from this.

To this:

To finally this:

Here is a close-up of his "craft corner" as I now call it.

(I just realized this looks crooked. I did it all by myself, so cut me some slack :)
The best part about this corner? It was fuh-ree!! I had everything in my house already and just had to put my thinking cap on. The three faux-wood veneer pictures are from Harper's nursery in our first house. *Sniffle*

The table and chairs were a gift from a local antique shop from Jimmy's mom and step-dad. I do plan to paint the top of the table with chalkboard paint for an added activity. The two wicker baskets were part of a gift from my mom and are from Wal-Mart. The two brown bags went home with Harper as part of a party favor from a birthday party. I borrowed the white bag from my own collection of bags. The black thing they are hanging on was part of a wedding gift that originally held hanging votives on each hook. It fell off the wall ages ago and shattered most of the votives. I hung onto what was left because I knew I could always find a use for all those hooks!
I did have to take my rug out because quite frankly, it stunk. I have 3 dogs, one of which is getting older and can't hold her pee for more than 30 seconds. I can probably try to steam clean it and put it back though. Oh the joys of being a sucker for dogs :)
I really love the way this turned out. Besides adding a rug of some sort, I think I'm finally done in there. Who knows though :)







i'm behind on my blog reading... i wouldn't have been able to give any ideas because i have to refer to blogs (yours and others) for inspiration to start with. ha! but i do love what you did with it! i'm addicted to re-arranging... my poor husband is so... "tolerant"... hahah :)
ReplyDeleteI love what you did with the space! I didn't answer to your other post because I knew I wouldn't be much help! ;) To answer your question, we actually live in Pender County, so I take the boys to the library in Burgaw for storytime! If your ever out that way, it's on Wednesday mornings at 11 am!
ReplyDeleteLove it! The craft area is too cute---Thanks for giving me a wonderful idea!!
ReplyDelete