photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nursery Progress. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

I have had so many of you sweet folks asking me for nursery pics! I'm telling ya'll, it's really not much to look at right now,but here goes...

The whole process is taking FORever. This is mostly because my sweet husband has to most of the work. There is a lot of painting/lifting/assembling that I just can't do, so I have to wait until he is off work. Then, I feel like I'm horse whipping him on his days off and that makes me feel bad :(

The nursery used to be our guest room and looked like this.

Now, it looks like this:
Photobucket
( This is looking in from the door and stick with me for some explanations on a few things.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Opposite wall from the rocker and changing table.)

Photobucket
My cabinet that looked like it was washed in butter :)

This photo shows the wall color really well and also all of the swatches that I ordered from Carousel Designs. Shout out to Amy H. for finding that site!! I intend to do a little Young House Love no-sew curtains.
Photobucket

I was going to keep the fabric I chose under wraps until I actually got them up, but as it turns out, I am having a hard time getting my hands on the fabric I want. My inspiration for this whole nursery began with this fabric:

After searching far and wide, a sweet blog friend found some of this for me, but they didn't have enough. Then I found out that it's on backorder until August, but the date kept changing. I sort of gave up on it knowing that I could find something else as equally beautiful.

That's when my friend told me about Carousel Designs, so I checked them out and chose this one:

(Amy Butler Ivory Fresh Poppy Fabric)

After I had placed my order last night, I received a voicemail today saying that their distributor is out of this fabric until September. Sorry, but I just can't wait that long! I started the man-hunt all over again only to find that every site is either out of it right now or that they have it, but it's not all in one piece.

I only need 6 yards. 6 measly yards!! Why is this so difficult?

Anyway, onto the explanations.

~ My whole "vision" for this nursery is to avoid the Pepto-Bismol look at all costs. Don't get me wrong, I love pink, but a little bit goes a long way for me. I want to walk into that room and be calmed by it. Yes, it's about ME! hahaha. There will probably come a day when she will want her whole room painted Barbie pink, but until then, we are going to avoid it.

~ The changing table is not complete. I have to add one more coat of no-VOC paint to that and it will be done.

~ The little blue table beside the chair will not be staying. It's barely big enough to hold the lamp that is sitting on it! I hope to find something only slightly bigger than can hold the lamp, maybe a picture frame and a drink for nursing times :)

There are so many other things that probably won't stay or will be re-arranged, but here is what we have so far. I'm already loving it and I have SOO many ideas! Now it's a matter of getting it done....

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see what all that you do! I can only imagine that it is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover