I don't have anything specific to blog about today, so I'm just gonna throw stuff out there.
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm ready for Fall. I'm usually one of those people that do not complain about the weather. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter, so I deal with it. It's just SO. DARN. HOT. Too hot to enjoy much of anything outside.
I feel bad about this but I usually sit out on my screened-in porch most days and let Harper play while I browse the internet. I have tried playing with him a hundred times, but his attention span is .251 seconds long and it wears me out.
I have so much energy these days, it's crazy. I can go and go and go from 6:30 until midnight most days. I'm trying to take advantage of it now because I know the third trimester will hit me. Hard.
I really need some new shorts. I can't decide whether to buy maternity or regular and hope that I can fit into them by next summer.
I'm getting a lot better about taking Harper out by myself and not waiting until Jimmy is on an "off" day to do things outside of the house. I have done it this way for two reasons. 1. It's just plain easier to have your husband help you out with your toddler and 2. It gives Jimmy something to do on his days off. Today, Harper and I went to Target, Chic-Fil-A and Lowes by ourselves. He did great!
I love to sit back and watch Harper and Maya play together. It amazes me how gentle she is with him and then how vicious she can be/sound when she feels that her family is threatened. To know that she could severely injure someone yet is as gentle as a lamb with my son just blows my mind.
This is getting wordy, so I'll shut up now!








Seeing your picture of the Blue Ridge Parkway does make me a teensy bit eager for fall. We live in central NC and try to make it up to the mountains to see the leaves every year. Good for you for getting out of the house by yourself! I always have to psych myself into it too, especially when it has been a cranky day.
ReplyDelete