photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I thought I was ready for today.

If you've been reading this ol' blog for any time now, then you know that we've been having some pet issues. I received a female chihuahua for my 20th birthday and then when I met Jimmy, he adopted a year-old male chihuahua.

Together, they had two litters of puppies and became inseperable. When we adopted our German Shepherd Maya last year, there was trouble in paradise. She and my female chihuahua began fighting over my toddler's food. Yesterday, they got into the biggest fight yet and my female chi ended up pretty injured. I had tried several times before to adopt both of my chihuahuas together with no luck. So the cycle continued.

I tried again yesterday and today, they are gone.

It goes without saying that I am very, very sad. I'm almost 27 so I had my female for almost 7 years. That's a long time to have a dog and then say goodbye.

I'm having a really rough day, I'm not gonna lie. I know I've done the right thing, especially with a new baby on the way. There have been incidences where my female chi has bitten Harper. Chihuahuas are NOT good with children, but did I think about that when I was 20? No.

I feel INCREDIBLY guilty for saying this, but I already miss having a lap dog. My German Shepherd is sweet, gentle and loving, but her main job is to protect us and she does an excellent job of that. She can't sit on my lap (although she tries) and she still has so much puppy in her, I can't even pet her without her wanting to gnaw on me. I know that will go away eventually, but it's just not the same.

Right now I'm opposed to adopting another dog altogether, make no mistake. Maya is great, but she is a lot of work. She sheds like crazy!
Photobucket

I would post a pic of my two babies, but I can't look at a picture right now. Silly, I know.

I miss them, but I'm ready for a little more simplicity in my life. I've often said that having 3 dogs and a toddler is like living in a 3-ring circus. I can't imagine what it would have been like to add a newborn into the mix.

I wish I had something a little more upbeat to talk about, but today has just been a hard day. I am looking foward to painting the nursery some more tonight though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover