photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A sneak peek..

Before I get to that, I have to document my experience at the Dr's office this morning. I had to go in for the dreaded glucose test and woke up pretty late. I had to rush and get ready and didn't have time to eat breakfast. They said I could either have eggs, toast or cheese toast, but I didn't have time to make any of that. I got a quick bath and headed out.

I had my choice of orange or fruit punch. I chose orange since I was already familiar with the flavor.

The lady told me I had 5 minutes to drink the entire bottle! I couldn't believe that! I didn't remember having only 5 minutes the last time I had to do this..

I asked for a straw and started slooooowly sipping. After the first minute or so, I started feeling really nauseous. I got hot and my heart started racing. I'm the kind of person that will do ANYTHING not to throw up.

I started looking around for places where I could do just that because I felt like it was inevitable. I kept trying to focus on just taking it one sip at a time and I finally finished it. When I took it up to the window, the lady at the desk asked if I was okay. I said yes, but she could tell that I was lying :) I told her I'd be okay. I went and sat down for a moment, then got my cell phone and started to head out and call Jimmy just to get my mind off of it. The lady stopped me and said that I should probably stay inside. Hahah... They just didn't want to risk me going outside to throw up!

I am SO glad that is over. I won't know my results for a few days. I have been checking my blood sugar lately and it has always been normal.

Okay, enough about that.

Here is a not-so-wonderful pic of Hollin's new light fixture! (I left my camera back home, so this is from Jimmy's android :)

I had to have a little help putting this thing together to be honest. Bless my sweet husband's heart. He awoke from his work-induced coma to find me sitting on the bed beside him having a small hissy fit while trying to assemble it. It is a bit bigger than we expected, but we LOVE it! And if you are wondering, yes... this was inspired by the Young House Love couple!

I'm so excited to be making small progress. I've gotta keep rolling with this motivation :)

1 comment:

  1. wayyyyyyyyyyy too cute light fixture... i'm in love!! and like you, i'll do ANYTHING to avoid throwing up... worst. feeling. ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover