I am in the midst of a computer-crash and have traveled back to my mom and dad's for a speaking engagement :) Yay for being able to use their computer!
I received a phone call from my Dr.'s office this morning and had to call them back. I spoke with one of the assistants and she informed that yes, I failed my one hour glucose test. The cutoff is 140 and mine was at 154.

I was honestly surprised. Surprised because I have been checking my blood sugar at home after sugary or carbohydrate-laden meals and it is ALWAYS normal. I ate an entire bowl of spaghetti a few nights ago, waited two hours to test and my blood sugar was 94.
This just makes no sense to me.
I told the assistant that I am not flat-out refusing to do the two-hour test, but I would like to talk to the Dr. before I schedule it. I'm sure he will explain it all to me and it will make perfect sense. For right now though, I am slightly confused as to why it's normal at home, but high after the glucose test.
I plan to ask the Dr. if we can assume that I have it and just proceed from there without a two-hour test. I just don't know if I can drink that glucose crap again. Obviously I will if I have to, but I've been down this road before and I know what to do with my "diabetic diet" :)
So, of course I was not happy to hear that news today. I do count my blessings, however and know that it could be much, much worse. The upside is that I will probably get more ultrasounds!
I received a phone call from my Dr.'s office this morning and had to call them back. I spoke with one of the assistants and she informed that yes, I failed my one hour glucose test. The cutoff is 140 and mine was at 154.

I was honestly surprised. Surprised because I have been checking my blood sugar at home after sugary or carbohydrate-laden meals and it is ALWAYS normal. I ate an entire bowl of spaghetti a few nights ago, waited two hours to test and my blood sugar was 94.
This just makes no sense to me.
I told the assistant that I am not flat-out refusing to do the two-hour test, but I would like to talk to the Dr. before I schedule it. I'm sure he will explain it all to me and it will make perfect sense. For right now though, I am slightly confused as to why it's normal at home, but high after the glucose test.
I plan to ask the Dr. if we can assume that I have it and just proceed from there without a two-hour test. I just don't know if I can drink that glucose crap again. Obviously I will if I have to, but I've been down this road before and I know what to do with my "diabetic diet" :)
So, of course I was not happy to hear that news today. I do count my blessings, however and know that it could be much, much worse. The upside is that I will probably get more ultrasounds!
I am once again running behind on my bumpdate (week 25 even though I'm almost 26:) So I hope to do that tomorrow!
PS. Today marks 99 days until I'm 40 weeks. Double digits ya'll!







Just out of curiosity...Were you told to fast before your test? When I was pregnant with my son, the doctor that I was going to at the time made me fast before my 1 hr. I had completely cut out sugars altogether and still failed the test. Had to return and do the 3 hr glucose(which was horrible). With this pregnancy, I am at a different doctor and was suprised that I didn't have to fast. When I asked why, she told me that when you fast, it messes the test up causing you to fail. She said that she doesn't understand why some doctors tell you to fast, bc you should be consuming your normal diet for the test to read accurate. I had my test last week(without fasting) and passed with flying colors. Hope you find something out!
ReplyDeleteGood luck---We're almost there!! :)