I'm sure not a single soul noticed, but there was no 27 week bumpdate :) Truthfully, I just couldn't get my act together last week. I think there were *maybe* two occasions where I put on decent clothes and makeup. By the time I'd get home, I was too tired for a photo or hubby wasn't home to take one.
Off we go with the 28 week update.
How far along: 28 weeks.
Size of baby: approx 14.8 inches. Weight is approx. 2lbs, 14oz according to the Doc today.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I told ya'll I'd start packing it on! 14 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Still hanging in there with one pair of maternity pants and the rest are regular clothes.
Gender: Most Definitely a girl according to every person that has done an ultrasound on me :)
Movement: Very strong. I am sore in one teeny spot on my lower right abdomen. According to the sonographer, that is where her back is, so it doesn't make sense that I'm so sore there. Weird.
Sleep: Sometimes good and sometimes bad. Last night was bad. I just couldn't turn my brain off. I'm also really hot at night.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably and being able to shave my legs without kneeing myself in the stomach.
Cravings: Nothing this week amazingly.
Symptoms: I'm an open book, so here goes. My crotch hurts. I remember this happening with Harper and it got really, really intense. I remember barely being able to walk to the paper shredder at the end of the day when I was working. Hollin's head is way low, so I know this will continue until she is born. It isn't really bad yet, but it's there :(
Best Moment this week: The 3D ultrasound by far.
As I mentioned, I visited with the high-risk Dr. today. First of all, I really like him. Contrary to what the sonographer told me at my 3D ultrasound, Hollin is actually measuring right on time. He said that she doesn't look to be affected by the diabetes at all (yet.) Her heart also looks really wonderful. I didn't know this, but gestational diabetes babies can have a thick lining of the heart. We are very blessed (again) that this is not the case. She looks really healthy.
He also mentioned the C-word. C-section. Since Harper's shoulder got caught, he recited a saying to me. "Once a shoulder dystocia, always a C-section." What's so funny is that I actually wanted a C-section with Harper. I was so terrified of labor pain that I wanted to skip it altogether. Now that I know I can do it, I was bummed to hear that I will most likely get one. I know it will be fine, but I really thought I'd be pushing again :)
Off we go with the 28 week update.
How far along: 28 weeks.
Size of baby: approx 14.8 inches. Weight is approx. 2lbs, 14oz according to the Doc today.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I told ya'll I'd start packing it on! 14 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Still hanging in there with one pair of maternity pants and the rest are regular clothes.
Gender: Most Definitely a girl according to every person that has done an ultrasound on me :)
Movement: Very strong. I am sore in one teeny spot on my lower right abdomen. According to the sonographer, that is where her back is, so it doesn't make sense that I'm so sore there. Weird.
Sleep: Sometimes good and sometimes bad. Last night was bad. I just couldn't turn my brain off. I'm also really hot at night.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably and being able to shave my legs without kneeing myself in the stomach.
Cravings: Nothing this week amazingly.
Symptoms: I'm an open book, so here goes. My crotch hurts. I remember this happening with Harper and it got really, really intense. I remember barely being able to walk to the paper shredder at the end of the day when I was working. Hollin's head is way low, so I know this will continue until she is born. It isn't really bad yet, but it's there :(
Best Moment this week: The 3D ultrasound by far.
As I mentioned, I visited with the high-risk Dr. today. First of all, I really like him. Contrary to what the sonographer told me at my 3D ultrasound, Hollin is actually measuring right on time. He said that she doesn't look to be affected by the diabetes at all (yet.) Her heart also looks really wonderful. I didn't know this, but gestational diabetes babies can have a thick lining of the heart. We are very blessed (again) that this is not the case. She looks really healthy.
He also mentioned the C-word. C-section. Since Harper's shoulder got caught, he recited a saying to me. "Once a shoulder dystocia, always a C-section." What's so funny is that I actually wanted a C-section with Harper. I was so terrified of labor pain that I wanted to skip it altogether. Now that I know I can do it, I was bummed to hear that I will most likely get one. I know it will be fine, but I really thought I'd be pushing again :)
(In trying to find a blog-appropriate photo, I ran across this one. I'm not sure what is going on with the guy in the back hahah!)
I was sent away with an Rx for more test strips and the dreaded sugar sheet to keep track of my levels. I know I can do this, I'm just not looking forward to the pricking 4 times a day. Truth be told though, I am more than happy to do it. I was thinking on the way home that God has blessed my family with 2 beautiful, healthy babies and we are so very lucky. Being a stay-at-home mom lends itself to so many sacrifices, but they are all completely worth it. It's easy to forget how blessed we really are some days, but today God really poked me hard and I listened!
We are so excited to meet our little Hollin and make our family complete :)







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!