Everyone is blogging about their beautiful, customized Erin Condren Life Planners this week.
At first, I thought this was kind of silly, honestly. What in the world is a "Life Planner" and why in the world is it so expensive? Do people honestly have so much going on in their lives that they need one of these things? I don't know about you, but we are a bunch of homebodies around here.
After thinking about it, I answered my own question. Yes!
I consider myself to be a very organized person. I keep lists and use the calendar that my husband filled out last year to document all of my appointments, events and bills. Call it pregnancy brain, but one of my payments slipped right by me last week. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I need to be MORE organized. Having the calendar, email reminders, random post-it notes and ripped-out notepad sheets just thrown into my purse is not all that efficient. Nothing was in one place.
A few days ago, I decided it was time to better organize our lives. There is a chance that Harper will start preschool this year and if he doesn't, we are definitely joining MOPS. Not to mention, I will soon have four people to keep up with!
As much as I would have loved to fork out $50 for one of these "Life Planners", I just couldn't justify it. Had I known there was a coupon that made it $25 last week, I may have bitten the bullet. My husband made the joke that we are working with a law enforcement budget hahah!
I ran to Wal-Mart a few days ago to pick up some milk. While I was there, I browsed through the calendar section. Truth be told, I should have been patient and purchased one at Target because I'm sure they have a better selection.
I ended up buying a Mom calendar and a plain, small notebook.
(Sorry for the blurry photos, still having camera issues.)
I have only completed a few pages, but I can't tell you the difference it has made in keeping me on track.
The plain notebook is a place for me to keep more detailed lists and random thoughts so that I don't "junk-up" my calendar.
(These are just a few of the things that need to be done before Hollin arrives :)
The calendar definitely has its flaws. It is only organized day by day, so there is no place to look at the whole month at once. Not ideal.
This is just the start of what I hope will be a more organized life from here on out. Maybe next year I will purchase the "cool" planner with all of the fun tabs, pictures and stickers :)
How do you stay organized?







i need a new planner SO bad!
ReplyDelete