I mentioned in my last bumpdate that my high risk Dr. had briefly discussed my getting a C-section. While at my regular OB appointment yesterday, we talked much more seriously about it. The Dr. gave us the option of trying to have a regular birth, but brought up several points about how dangerous it could be for the baby if she were to get "stuck" like Harper did.
Jimmy and I decided to go forward with the C-section.
Today, I received the phone call to schedule her birthday.
Jimmy and I decided to go forward with the C-section.
Today, I received the phone call to schedule her birthday.
Do you know which date is the absolute earliest available?
Halloween falls just 6 days before my due date and chances are, I won't make it that far.
But what if I do? Do we really want her birthday to be on Halloween? Of course certain aspects of this would be fun, but then her birthday would never stand alone. Do any of you have your birthday or child's birthday fall on a Holiday? (I know it isn't technically a recognized holiday as far as banks being closed, etc, but you know what I mean :) Do you care or does it kind of stink to never have your "own" day?
I didn't set the date today. The scheduler told me that if I wanted to see what was available for November, I'd have to wait. She doesn't have her schedule for November yet.
But what if I do? Do we really want her birthday to be on Halloween? Of course certain aspects of this would be fun, but then her birthday would never stand alone. Do any of you have your birthday or child's birthday fall on a Holiday? (I know it isn't technically a recognized holiday as far as banks being closed, etc, but you know what I mean :) Do you care or does it kind of stink to never have your "own" day?
I didn't set the date today. The scheduler told me that if I wanted to see what was available for November, I'd have to wait. She doesn't have her schedule for November yet.
I know this isn't the most major decision I will ever make, but it's definitely something to think about.
??????????








I think you'll be really happy you went with the c-section. I've had two. I'd say wait until November. I never liked my bday being a holiday weekend let alone the actual day!
ReplyDeleteAshlynn, my birthday is Christmas Day. I would have to say, I do sometimes feel like I don't have a "day" of my own, like everyone else does, but that has changed as I've gotten older. With Christmas, of course, there's the added complication of presents, but Halloween isn't really a gift-giving holiday, which simplifies things a little. However, there was definitely also a part of me that enjoyed having my birthday on a holiday. It made me feel special and like there was something a little different about me that not a lot of other people shared. I'd say it could go either way and it would be fine. I would also keep in mind that having your birthday NEAR a holiday isn't too different from having your birthday ON the holiday. It might actually be easier to just have it be Halloween instead of a day or two away from Halloween, but that also kind of depends on how big of a deal you guys make about Halloween, you know?
ReplyDeleteHope that helped a little. I know it's long and not very definitive, but maybe it will help a little.
hmmm...that is tough. if you aren't comfortable with it, then maybe you can see if you can get in November 1? but your right, you probably will go before then anyways! :)
ReplyDeleteI think I'd try for November... but that is a toughie!
ReplyDeletethat being said, mine is due a day before February 29th on a leap year. haha. Though that isn't as bad, I think.
ReplyDelete