photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Harper's first day of preschool. (Long sentimental post ahead :)


From age 7 weeks to almost 8 months, Harper had a beautiful young lady by the name of Rebekah as his nanny. She instantly became part of our family and I still consider her the sister I never had :)

At 8 months, I started staying home with Harper to help ease the transition of moving 2 and 1/2 hours away to where we live now at the coast of NC. Not only that, I just wanted to be a stay-at-home mommy because I missed my baby so much!

There were other reasons, but those two are the main ones. It was a miracle that we were able to work it out and it still is. We count our blessings daily.

Since 8 months, Harper has been in my care nearly 24/7 and now he is almost 2 and a half.

Today was his first day of preschool. A new, exciting, scary, structured environment. His first day outside of Sunday School and occasional playdates where he was in contact with other children and new teachers for more than 2 hours.

I'm so happy to say that it couldn't have gone better. I think that is because he was ready, I was ready and the teachers are so warm and inviting. It didn't hurt that his classroom is chock-full of toys!


Yesterday was his Open House where he was able to meet his new friends and teachers. Picture overload time....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a few pictures from today...

Harper before the big day!
Photobucket

His bookbag arrived yesterday, just in the nick of time.
Photobucket

It may seem silly, but I had to take a picture of the new shoes we got him for preschool (and fall/winter). Can you believe that my 2 1/2 year old wears a size 9 and a 9 1/2 in Sperry's? We've been calling him Bigfoot :)
Photobucket

We're here!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was all we could do to get a picture with him. He kept trying to break away and run inside!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As soon as he went in, he made a beeline for the toys AND a girl. I finally got him to look my way.
Photobucket

I managed to hold it together today although my throat got a little tight at times :) It's hard to be sad when I know how excited he is about preschool. I'm also very thankful that he will have several weeks to really get used to it before his sister arrives.

Jimmy and I decided to run a few errands while we waited for Harper to finish up. We had breakfast and discovered a local shop that we really like. It was nice to have time just with Jimmy because we don't get that very much. At the same time, it was strange not to have our little boy with us.

When we picked him up, he tore through the crowd of kids at the door and said, "Mommy Daddy here!" When Jimmy picked him up he exclaimed, "I'm at CHURCH!" He was all kinds of sweaty, so we know he had a great time.
Photobucket

I am so excited for him and the year that is ahead of us. I just can't believe my stinker is in preschool. Can we make time slow down a little?

1 comment:

  1. We had very similar weeks huh?!!! I'm glad he did so well and loved it...that definitely makes it easier! Now let's just figure out that whole slowing down time thing! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover