I have to apologize in advance for how much I've been talking about/mentioning my pregnancy lately. You have to know that it's pretty hard to think about anything else when you could be just days away from an entirely new life and schedule. I can't post any (good) photos of anything we've been up to, so please forgive me while I launch into a thought-dump.
I've been struggling a little bit with mom guilt the last few days. I'm at the point where I can't do much more than sit on the couch and it really stinks. I'm so thankful to be expecting my little girl so soon, but I feel so bad for Harper and the energy that I just can't give right now. He has always been a very independent child. Perfectly content to entertain himself and thank goodness for that. I just feel so bad when I see him playing alone. I want to sit on the floor with him, but I know as soon as I do, he will be on to something else. I can't do the whole "up down, up down" thing right now.. so I just stay put.
The TV and Ipad has been entertaining him way too much, but I will say that he's spent a fair amount outside too. I'm so glad that the weather has been nice and I have a dog who lives to play with him. They are best buds :) I'm glad that he won't remember how lazy I have been lately.
I feel bad for Jimmy as well because the laundry has definitely fallen by the wayside. He's been digging clothes out of baskets for two weeks! Yes I know he can put clothes away and I did finally hint around that it would be nice if he could please do that.. haha.
I hate not being able to stay on top of things around here. There are certain chores that have to be done every single day to keep the house in some semblance of order. Trash, dishwasher, vacuuming and at least one load of clothes. I'm lucky if I can get one of those done each day. There's also the changing of Harper's diaper several times a day, which involves me chasing/cornering him and changing the diaper while he is standing. He will not lay down for a diaper change. He's also still into removing both his diaper and pants while outside, so I have to constantly retrieve those. The diaper changes alone are enough to completely wipe me out.
I know that if Jimmy were here more, he would most definitely do these things for me. BUT, he is working a "part time" job nearly every day that he has off in October. I won't bore you with the details of that :) It's a bit scary though to be home alone so much when labor is so close. I know he could get here SUPER fast, so that's a little comforting. (One of the perks of being a cop and being able to drive as fast as you want :)
Jimmy is by far one of the most laid back people I have ever met in my life, but when it's go time, he handles business. I love that about him. I know that all of my preparing coupled with his take-charge attitude when it really matters will help keep things from getting too chaotic.
I am happy to say that all of our bags are packed, there is a loose "plan" in place for Harper and I have very few items left on my checklist. I hope to have everything finished this week.
I'm excited about her birth and the Holidays that will follow so soon thereafter. What a special time to bring a new member into the family :)
We are truly blessed.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!