photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Fun


I announced to my hubby many months ago that I wanted to take Harper somewhere really special before we became a family of four. I considered going here...

source

Or here....

source

The months passed and each weekend that he was off work, we were swimming in things to finish. It has been one thing after another for awhile now, so we never made it to either of these locations. I also considered going to the NC State Fair, but I am a little worried about walking around all day and being so many hours away from my hospital if anything were to happen :)

We did however, make it out to a local church for some very quick family fun.

I say "very quick" because Harper was NOT having it.
Photobucket

We attempted this photo a few times.
Photobucket

Photobucket

For some reason, he kept wanting to run out into the road! It was all I could do to keep a hold of that little hand.
Photobucket

We tried other distractions..
Photobucket

Photobucket

We quickly realized that our photo op just wasn't going to happen.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The pumpkins were beautiful though and the weather was perfectly crisp for such an occasion.
Photobucket
We came away with four pumpkins for about $11. You just can't beat that. All proceeds benefit several charities, so it feels good to know that you are helping out a little. There was a pumpkin for Jimmy and I, one for Harper, Hollin and Maya. Jimmy suggested that we paint them this year instead of carve them. I wasn't too sure about it, but he did point out that our pumpkins shriveled within the first week of carving last year. I have just finished painting them tonight and hope to share those tomorrow.

We have most of our baby gear out, washed and in place for baby girl. I can't seem to find our Diaper Genie though. I'm hoping it's in the attic. Harper has been having a little fun with all this "new" stuff. It's crazy to think he was just in this swing 2 and 1/2 years ago.


Sweetie, I think you're a little big for that now.
Photobucket

I hope you all are enjoying the kickoff to your Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover