photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, October 7, 2011

Household Things


As promised, here are the beautiful (ahem) pumpkins that I painted. (Harper painted his own.)

Looking at these photos, I realize a few things.
Photobucket
1. I should have used black paint instead of multi-colored. The whole orange and black thing works for a reason I suppose.

2. My front porch looks awful. We do not play in the front yard due to traffic and lack of child-retaining fence. We enter the house through our garage. Therefore, I really don't "see" my front porch.

3. I ain't likin' what I'm seein'.

4. My rocking chair is straddling the fence between Shabby Chic and flat out neglected.
Photobucket
5. I have an awesome new camera, but my photos are still kinda blurry. What's up with that?
Photobucket

I can now add "make front porch presentable" to my list. I can't even read the "Welcome" on my mat anymore!

Anyhoo, here are some household things that I am loving at the moment.

I bought this on a whim at Target while there to pick up diapers. Jimmy and I have noticed that Harper's room smells quite a bit like pee and we think it's coming from him. We aren't sure. He could be doing his business in there when we aren't aware. I shampooed the carpet and in an effort to help freshen it up, I plugged in one of these scents. I LOVE it. It's hard to describe what it smells like. It's just cozy and not too floral. Perfect for Fall.


I haven't purchased any of this Quick Shine yet, but I intend to. When I went home for my shower, I noticed that my mom and dad's floors were gleaming. The house was built in the 80's and still has all of the original hardwood floors. They looked brand new! Mom and dad shared their secret and I plan to get my hands on this stuff soon.

This is more food-related, but out of nowhere yesterday, I wanted Gumbo. I'm pretty sure I've never had it before. I have been craving something that included Italian Sausage and I found this crockpot recipe. I would have started it tonight, but it requires a lot of stirring and I'm just too beat to tackle it. I plan to add shrimp as well. I'm excited!


This also isn't house related, but I received my annual birthday $10 discount card from Victoria's Secret the other day. Jimmy and I were trying to kill time while Harper was at Preschool, so we walked around the mall. I ended up finding these on clearance..

Mine do not look exactly like this, but I snagged a hot pink one and a white one. They are long enough to fit over my belly and the material feels like that favorite T-shirt you have that's been washed a thousand times. The only way to redeem the birthday discount was to use my Angel card. So, I swiped it and came away with the two shirts for 17 dollars. Not bad!

I am loving the Target brand baby detergent. It has the same ingredients as Dreft and of course smells like baby clothes should smell :)

source

My mom and dad are coming this weekend to visit and my mom will be making some of her famous homemade soup for me to freeze. They are also bringing Brunswick Stew and collards for us to freeze and use as needed after Hollin's arrival. Yay for soul food!

Til next time,

3 comments:

  1. I've got to get my hands on some of that Quick Shine. My floors enver look good (even after I clean them). ha! The pumpkins are CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. make sure you don't have any smudges on the end of your lens (it makes the camera "try" to focus on the smudge--not what you're taking a pic of...) and also check your settings... (since its new, you may just want to restore factory settings...if something got flipped by accident)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cashmere Woods is seriously my favorite candle right now! I LOVE Glade's fall/winter collection! Oh and I had NO idea Target made a store-brand version of Dreft! We will definitely be using that instead to save some $$ when the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover