I can't believe I haven't blogged since Tuesday! Truth be told, there hasn't been a lot going on in the Cushing home other than feeding, sleeping, changing diapers and tantrums. I think that may be why I haven't really blogged. I kept wanting to vent my frustrations with Harper via the internet, so I took a step back for a few days. I don't want to complain about my sweet boy every time I open my laptop. I know that he is still adjusting, so I try to exhibit as much patience as I can. At the same time, I know I will look back on these days and smile (hopefully :) Long story short, we are just having a hard time with him.

As far as we know, he goes to timeout every day that he is in Preschool. He is hitting (lightly), throwing toys, defying everything we ask him to do/not do, refusing to eat and worst of all, still being impossible to put to bed. No matter how hard I try to keep him on our usual schedule, he fights going to sleep with everything he has. Two days this week, we spent 3 hours putting him back in bed for his daily nap. I realized that trying to get him to go to bed for 3 hours on top of his 2 hour nap was taking 5 hours out of his day. This obviously explains why I can't keep him in bed at night. He just isn't tired after having such a late nap.
We are working hard and being very consistent with him. It's just been a crazy week. Pray for us!
On another note, there have been some really sweet and fun moments as well! Friday morning, I took Hollin out for the first time by myself to a pajama play date.

Harper has been trying out all of her equipment.

She has been giving us LOTS of smiles!

And modeling cute outfits.

I have to mention that this onesie is a 3 month size. I can't believe it. She will be 6 weeks old tomorrow! They are a bit wide, but the length is almost perfect.
Tomorrow kicks off what will be another busy week for us as we prepare for Christmas.
Goodnight,

As far as we know, he goes to timeout every day that he is in Preschool. He is hitting (lightly), throwing toys, defying everything we ask him to do/not do, refusing to eat and worst of all, still being impossible to put to bed. No matter how hard I try to keep him on our usual schedule, he fights going to sleep with everything he has. Two days this week, we spent 3 hours putting him back in bed for his daily nap. I realized that trying to get him to go to bed for 3 hours on top of his 2 hour nap was taking 5 hours out of his day. This obviously explains why I can't keep him in bed at night. He just isn't tired after having such a late nap.
We are working hard and being very consistent with him. It's just been a crazy week. Pray for us!
On another note, there have been some really sweet and fun moments as well! Friday morning, I took Hollin out for the first time by myself to a pajama play date.

Harper has been trying out all of her equipment.

She has been giving us LOTS of smiles!

And modeling cute outfits.

I have to mention that this onesie is a 3 month size. I can't believe it. She will be 6 weeks old tomorrow! They are a bit wide, but the length is almost perfect.
Tomorrow kicks off what will be another busy week for us as we prepare for Christmas.
Goodnight,







Awe, I'm sorry Harper is having trouble in school and not sleeping. Kaylee went through a rough stage after Peyton was born, but I promise it gets better. & Omgsh, that picture of Hollin sliming is just adorable! Peyton had those same boots when she was a baby. so tiny and cute like those, tear :'( lol.
ReplyDelete