photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, December 5, 2011

I don't hate many things, but this is one of them..

With Christmas and New Year's fast approaching, I told myself that I would take it easy on myself and not worry too much about what I was eating in the coming weeks. Since I began breastfeeding, I am hungrier than an adolescent boy. It's really sad. We go to the grocery store for basic things and two days later, our poor pantry is bare. There is no one to blame but me.

The worst part is that ALL I want is junk.


We have not had one big grocery trip (to buy healthier foods) that I can recall since she was born because of all the fantastic meals brought to us by our Sunday School class. We had so many leftovers, we would just pop those in the microwave after a long, tiring day.

I say all of that to say this.

I know I need to start working out after the Holidays, but I would seriously rather get a shot.

Up until a month ago, all the workout gear that I had was the sidewalk in our neighborhood and a few workout DVD's. In the last few weeks we inherited an AB Roller and a Bowflex from my mom and dad. We also brought home an elliptical from one of Jimmy's co-workers who said she wanted to get rid of it.

So now that I have all of this gear, I have no excuse really.

I admire all of those cute moms who drop off their kiddos at Preschool in their workout gear.

(Katherine Heigl does not have kids at our Preschool haha.)

When I see those moms, I think, "How do you have the willpower/find the time to work out?" I absolutely cannot see myself getting up before dawn to work out, but that must be what they do. I would rather work out in the evenings, but my hubby works then.

I have my first post-partum visit on Thursday morning and I'm assuming we'll talk about resuming normal activities then. I definitely don't want to push it. I wore some yoga pants today that fold over at the top and my incision is killing me tonight. I know I'm not ready for full on crunches!

There is too much pressure to start anything on January 1st, but I hope to start doing little things not long after.

Wish me luck :)


1 comment:

  1. I have a theory that many of the mommies dropping off their kids in work-out clothes are wearing that because it's comfortable.. not because they have grand plans of an intense work-out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover