photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The secret is finally out!

I've been teasing you all for a few days now and I've been dying to talk about this for over a month.

We finally revealed the news to my in-laws over the last two nights, so now I can tell you all!

If you guessed that we are going on vacation......sorry.

If you guessed that we are getting a pool......you're getting warmer!
.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.




Photobucket
We bought a house!!
.



.



.



.



.



.
With a pool!
Photobucket
Here are the short details about the house since it's midnight and I am super tired. It was a foreclosure that we stumbled upon and had only been on the market for 14 days when we went to look at it. It is an older home, built in the 1960's, which is exactly what Jimmy and I have been looking for. Without going into all of the super boring details, we put in an offer, went back and forth with the bank for about a week and a half and our offer was finally accepted!

As part of the "deal" with the bank, we will close on December 30th. We're getting close!

With the house being a foreclosure, of course there are some cosmetic things that need to be repaired. The former owners left in a hurry and left a lot behind. It has 4 bedrooms 2 and 1/2 baths. All in all, the house was a steal and we are about 3 miles from the beach. The most important feature of this home is the school district. This was one area that I was not willing to compromise on and we ended up in an excellent district. I am so thrilled about that.

Here are a few photos of the house.
Photobucket
(View from the bottom of our backyard.)

Photobucket
(Screened in porch.)

Photobucket
(Living Room.)

Photobucket
(Family Room.)

Photobucket
(Office off of the Family Room.)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Kitchen)

Photobucket
(Window seat. Gotta get those cushions redone :)

Photobucket
(Other side of the Kitchen.)

Photobucket
(Guest Bath off of Kitchen.)

Photobucket
(Master Bedroom.)

Photobucket
(Master Bath.)

Photobucket
(Kid's bathroom upstairs. I won't show every angle, but this shows the beautiful color we will be working with for awhile :)

The rest of the pictures are of the bedrooms and they are pretty basic. Now that I've spilled the details on the house, there is another important detail that I'd like to share!
.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.



.
These two special people will be joining us in our move!
Photobucket

That's right. My mom and dad are relocating to the coast!! The short story is this:

Due to job changes and simply wanting to be close to all of us, my mom and dad have decided to build a garage apartment on the same lot as our home. The original plan was to have a completely separate unit on our lot, but because of restrictions due to city code, their dwelling has to be connected to our house. We've decided that a breezeway will solve that problem!

My dad will continue to work in Raleigh, NC for several more years and will stay with a family friend during the week. He will travel to see us on weekends. My mom will live in our house until the construction of their home is complete.

Jimmy and I are SO excited that this is happening! Due to the nature of his job, having my mom's immediate help 24/7 is a dream come true. Having her here also eases his mind about my being home alone at night with both kiddos. There are a million more reasons why we are so excited about this, but these are the main points.

My parents and I agree that we all want our own separate lives and will make sure that we stay true to that. All of us have spent a lot of time talking and praying about this and agree that this is what we want to do.

I can't believe that this house is most likely our forever home! I don't see any reason why I would ever want to leave. This is where we will raise our kids, have birthday and pool parties and watch them leave for prom from our driveway.

We once again realize how much God has blessed us this year. We are so ready and excited to get moved in and start making memories. We are finally getting settled and putting down our roots.

Thank you Lord for blessing us again,

7 comments:

  1. How exciting for all of you! It is absolutely beautiful! I'm trying hard not to be too envious, lol! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is SOO exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations girl, that is awesome! The house is gorgeous and you'll love having your parents so close. We bought our house last year and it's right beside my parents. With Edwin's job, it's a huge blessing. And that pool is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so frustrated the other day when you posted this. I wrote you a long, heartfelt comment on my iPad and it froze and nothing would get it to work again. I even tried copying and pasting, but to no avail.

    ANYWAY...congratulations! This is a huge blessing. What a great home, great features and good "bones". ;)

    This post literally brought tears to my eyes b/c I know how special it must be for you and I have been wanting to move to NC or VA area with my parents. My dad will be retiring next Fall. They won't be able to stay in Miami on a retirement budget (expensive!), but they don't want to up and leave most of their grandkids. We've discussed doing what you're about to. My hub is not quite on board with the idea of moving (yet! haha!), but we are all praying for God's direction. His ways and timing are always perfect.

    I hope everything goes well with your new beginning! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... AWESOME. i'm wayyyy behind on blog reading... but this is exciting news!! a house and your parents being so close... woo hoo! :)

    hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover