photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, March 11, 2012

High maintenance and crying it out

After nearly 4 1/2 months of watching my sweet girl, I've come to realize that she is high maintenance. She is a SWEET baby, but loves attention. All. The. Time.
Photobucket
She is a big ham and will smile at anyone. She is so outgoing and in true girly fashion, wants to be in the middle of whatever is going on.

Harper was never like that. He was a calm, easy-going, content baby, but usually very serious. He could entertain himself right from the start.


He still does!

Hubby and I spent between 5 and 6 hours cleaning out and re-organizing our garage today. Hollin just wouldn't stand for it unless she was blissfully asleep. When she was awake, watching from her sleeper just wasn't enough. She wanted to be held. When I tried to lay her down on her play mat, she wailed and wailed until someone would pick her up.
Photobucket
I'm nearly to the point where I am willing to let her cry it out. I know there are so many opinions about this, but I am not exaggerating when I say I can't get anything done unless she is asleep. She is still only sleeping for about 45 minutes at a time.

I'm so torn about letting her cry it out. I never had to do this with Harper, so it's the first time I'm having to think about it. I know that it won't damage her for the rest of her life, I'm just worried about how long I can stand to hear her cry.

We'll get it figured out. One way or another. It's getting from here to there that's hard.

Prayers welcomed :)


3 comments:

  1. I know you didn't ask for opinions, but I just wanted to re-assure you. You're doing the right thing for her. Just follow those mommy instincts. I have major problems with CIO when you're not sure if the baby is hungry, but if she's stopping crying as soon as you pick her up it sounds like she's just a little bit spoiled. :) I WILL pray for you. Follow your heart mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a "pick me up I need you to hold me to show me you're still there" kinda baby too. I did find that music helps sometimes. I downloaded some veggie tales and praise baby CDs to my iPod. I turn them n when I shower and it keeps Luke occupied for a little while (he searches the room trying to figure where the sounds are coming from!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear it's a girl thing, Peyton was the same way when it came to always wanting to be in the middle of everything and wanting to be held all the time if she was awake. I think most girls are just high maintenance from the start! Trust me, it will be a lot of fun once she's a toddler :-) Don't feel bad about CIO, I finally caved and did it at 6 months old after I weaned her off her night feeding. That way I knew she wasn't hungry so I couldn't mistake her crying as hunger. It will all work out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover