photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Obsessions (and Crying it Out, Night 4)

I love a linky party and I'm trying a new one this week over at Saige Wisdom. Go check her out! Also, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for any of you who may be following along on my CIO saga. I have been meaning to blog about this for awhile now, but I really do have a new obsession.

Meet, The Furminator.


I've often complained about the amount of dog hair that I deal with every year when our German Shepherd, Maya, "blows her coat." I'm talking, I could knit two sweaters. If I could knit.


The Furminator came highly recommended by several dog owners, but for awhile, our biggest drawback was the price. They are around $90 at PetSmart. We searched on Amazon and found one for $30. It is a miracle worker. No exaggeration. For over a year, I had to sweep my house twice a day to fend off dog hair. Usually there was still some lingering in corners at the end of the day. I haven't swept for dog hair once since we've used this. I love products that make my life easier!

I'm also loving the new running shoes I bought last week. I had been wearing the same New Balances from when I was 19, no lie. It was time :) They are the Adidas Climacools and they're awesome. They really do keep your feet cool, but I wouldn't suggest wearing them in the rain.
I'm kind of obsessed with this show.
The new season starts next week and I can't wait.

I've been obsessed with my Keurig for days now. It is keeping me alive during these nearly-sleepless nights.

Now, onto night 4 with Miss Hollin and crying it out.

In short, I am giving it a rest. Kinda. If you read my post from yesterday, then that's my explanation. I am going to get everyone well and then try again. I was so hoping that I would be able to stick with this, but adjustments were neccessary. That's the name of the game in mommyhood. Can I get an Amen?

I hope everyone had a fantastic Saturday!


3 comments:

  1. The Furminator is the best thing since sliced bread! I've been planning a post on it, too, for weeks now (among a thousand other things). Our Golden Retriever pup is a walking fur-storm. So bad! After reading the reviews about it being the most expensive grooming tool ever and being totally worth it, I was convinced.

    I think I threw away half my dog the first time I used it. Ha!

    Hope you all get to feeling better! So hard when everyone is sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I think we might be sisters from different misters because {a} I have one ridiculously furry malamute/shepherd that sheds 24/7 and it drives me CRAZY! furminator here I come; {b} I haven't missed a season of SYTYCD yet and I don't intend to anytime soon... Stacy Tookey is my favourite choreographer and not just because she's Canadian; {c} Gabe hasn't slept for the last 2 nights and I.am.dying. I don't even drink coffee and I sent Trev on a Tim Horton's run... ugh. Thanks SO much for linking up. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love those shoes!!

    I always like watching the audition weeks of 'So You Think You Can Dance', but then I can't stay into it.

    Hollin is so sweet and I love than name. We are currently thinking about the cry it out method, but I can't bring myself to start because I know how hard it will be.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover